This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: client gets "It looks like languages per directories will not function" error when tries to enable languages per directories option

Solution: the message is more a notice than an error message. When checking the option, WPML does a quick test to check if everything will work. Sometimes this test says it won't work, but it's a false positive. The only way to be sure they won't work is trying activating them and see what happens.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carlottac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 18, 2018 at 8:07 am #2187890

carlottac

I am trying to select "directory with different languages" as always but this time I have got this error (screenshot)

I already tried to check the .htaccess file and is fine.

This is the website: hidden link

ftp.***.it
4*****@aruba.it.
D******2

May 18, 2018 at 10:00 am #2188691

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I removed the credentials from your previous post because they were exposed in the public forum. Please don't add any private info unless we enable a private answer. As a further precaution, I'd suggest to change them.

The message is more a notice than an error message. When checking the option, WPML does a quick test to check if everything will work. Sometimes this test says it won't work, but it's a false positive. The only way to be sure they won't work is trying activating them and see what happens.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

May 18, 2018 at 10:06 am #2188701

carlottac

Grazie Laura, sembra funzionare tutto correttamente