Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by pierreS-8 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 1, 2014 at 6:10 pm #371855

Daniel

Hi,

I have a Woocommerce + WPML site. Activating Woocommerce Multilingual force me to activate WPML Media.

So, when I upload an image, this image is multiplied by the number of languages I have active. 4 in my case.

I find it very annoying, and I want to disable it. I don't want to have my images multiplied by 4. I want the media library works as a site without the plugin WPML Media.

The problem is that I cannot deactivate it, because then the slugs in the products from Woocommerce don't work.

How can I do that? Is it really necessary to have Woocommerce Multilingual and WPML Media activated?

Thanks.

April 2, 2014 at 2:35 am #372032

Bruno

Hello,

WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 6 hours from now.

Thank you for your understanding,

WPML support team,
By OnTheGo System

April 2, 2014 at 10:16 am #372275

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Dear Daniel,

WPML Media and WooCommerce Multilingual is interlinked. In the case image duplication, WPML media is only creating extra DB entry for Image in non default languages. It will not create more files in wp-content/upload folder.

And WPML Media plug-in allows you to translate the image captions and titles.

--
With Regards

Bigul

April 2, 2014 at 10:53 am #372305

Daniel

Hi Bigul,

"is only creating extra DB entry". This means more DB queries (or more complex ones), and poor performance.

1.- Isn't there a way to disable it?
2.- What are the minimum plugins (related to WPML) needed to run a Woocommerce multilingual site?

Thanks.

April 2, 2014 at 11:52 am #372354

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Daniel,

It will not make your system slow. It has implemented for the easy management of media files(Including Product images) in translated contents.

WPML Media is mandatory for WooCommerce Multilingual. Otherwise it will not work smoothly.

With Regards

Bigul

April 2, 2014 at 11:57 am #372360

Daniel

Thanks. But one question is pending:

What are the minimum plugins (related to WPML) needed to run a Woocommerce multilingual site?

Regards.

April 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm #372428

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Daniel,

WooCommerce, WPML, WPML Media plugin, WPML Translation Management and WPML String Translation are mandatory for the working of WooCommerce Multilingual.

With Regards

Bigul

April 2, 2014 at 2:53 pm #372532

Daniel

Thanks very much.

October 6, 2014 at 2:06 am #486255

pierreS-8

Hi,

I have the same problem but I cannot solve it.
I have a Woocommerce + WPML site (www.fleye.photography).

When I upload an image, this image is multiplied around 100 times in my case.

I find it very annoying, and I want to disable it. I don't want to have my images multiplied by 100.
I want the media library works as a site.

How can I do that?
Many thanks for you help

Pierre