This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 24, 2018 at 1:26 pm #2223190

ramonv-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've translated the site from dutch to englisch and deutsch the menu appears to function normaly for some pages i did not activaid the translation and it apears to set this in the standard language dutch.
But in fact i don't want it be hidden.

So how can i hide productpages in woocommerce witch are not translated?

Also i want the language bottun to disapear when that language is not availeble

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

And i can't find where to translate the header and footer text in the different languages

May 24, 2018 at 8:06 pm #2225358

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ramonv-6, welcome to the WPML support forum!

To hide the non-translated products, please go toWPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Post Types Translation and select the Translatable - only show translated items option on the Products row.

To hide a language, please go to WPML > Languages > Hide Languages and select the language you want to hide of the language switcher. Only logged users will see this language.

The header and footer content can be translated through using the String Translation extension, which is available for download to your account. After activating it, scroll to WPML > String translator, search and translate the strings.

Please let me know if it worked for you or if you need any help.

All the best,
Diego

June 12, 2018 at 7:46 am #2407118

ramonv-6

Dear Diego, thanks for your reply most of the items i found and workerd, i have still some problems especialy the header and footer translations.

The footer widget i translated in 3 languagess, but he only saves the last one.
Display -> Widgets -> Footer -> Visual Editor -> When i choose display in Dutch/German or English he only saves the last saved language the rest is overwritten.

I can't find the header area where i can change the languages?
The support text.

A other problem is when i am on the dutch language and i go to the tab diversen when i change the language the page is blank it suppost tot go to the homepage, when i'm in the dutch version in divers(en) products and then change language it works perfectly.

June 12, 2018 at 2:07 pm #2408500

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

In this case I will need to check issue by issue. Please send us:
- Screenshots of the issues and of the strings you need to translate
- Links to the page with the issues
- Access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. Please use the private field to send the sensitive data.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT We always recommend to backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Regards,
Diego

June 13, 2018 at 2:03 pm #2411273

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there @ramonv-6, thanks! I will explain each item below:

- Strings in the header
This can be translated on WPML > String Translator. You can search for a portion of the string and it will appear in the list (screenshot 2). Then just click on translations and fill the fields.

I already did it on the header of your website, with the texts that you sent me. Please check.

- Widgets in the Footer
In this case, you should create a different widget for each language, and select in each one the language that you want it to be displayed. See screenshots 3 and 4.

I also did it on your website with the texts that you sent me. Please check.

- Diversen Category
In this case it is a product category. You can translate it WPML > Taxonomy Translation (See screenshot 5).

If you need more help just let me know.

Regards,
Diego

June 14, 2018 at 11:28 am #2413353

ramonv-6

Dear Diego,

Thks for your help, only 1 question remains, i do not want the categorie "Diversen" and sub menu to be displayed in the german en english language.
Only in dutch.

Best regards Ramon

June 14, 2018 at 12:55 pm #2413505

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I have not found the Diversen menu on the English version of your website. Have you solved this issue?

Regards,
Diego