This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 5:52 pm #3801047

richardN-8

I am trying to: stop WPML from displaying Spanish version of an element on Dashboard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Dashboard

I expected to see: English version of plugin overview on Dashboard

Instead, I got: Spanish version of plugin overview on Dashboard.
• Issue was very recently observed. I removed all plugin strings for the WP Cerber plugin as advised in the Support Forums but the plugin Overview/Status information on the Dashboard still shows the Spanish translated strings.

May 14, 2019 at 4:44 am #3803621

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This may be related to how this plugin was created. This may be happening if the translation files are included in wp-content/languages/plugins.

Please, could you see if there is any translations file inside this directory and rename it to see if the content is displayed in the desired language?

If the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Disable/remove/stop WPML from translating plugin overview on Dashboard’ is closed to new replies.