This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: If I disable the WPML translation editor as a default, the ACF options stop working.

Solution: It is a known issue in ACF Multilingual 1.2, If we update the plugin to 1.3 and it will work fine.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/download/acfml/?section=changelog check Version 1.3 : "Reverted the ACF Options Pages handling to the old workflow (with switching language switcher on the Options page)."

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulE-14 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 7:11 am #3852477

paulE-14

Hi Support,

Good day, I have the same problem as this guy.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/make-it-possible-for-editors-to-translate-pages-the-way-administrators-do/

As stated translation management is too complicated and it is set as the default on the website that I am creating. I tried to disable and remove the plugin but it seems that it is needed by the Gravity Multilingual.

So what I wanted to do is remove WPML Translation Editor as the default, when I click the + button, I want to use the standard WordPress Editor (normal way), right now I can only achieve it when I click the Language menu on top.

I am getting a warning every time I am editing a translated post/page:
"You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use WPML Translation Editor".

I cannot seem to remove it on the WPML > Setting > How to translate posts and pages, because it is a radio button and it cannot be undone.

May 21, 2019 at 9:51 am #3853871

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please try to OFF this option hidden link and select for all in the poppup.
After this you can translate manually as you want.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

May 22, 2019 at 1:09 am #3859497

paulE-14

Hi Riffaz,

This is exactly what I discovered, that solve my problem, however, I used ACF options on the website, I remember that this is working when I test it a few days/weeks ago, so if I want to translate contents on the ACF option page, I just switch it in the topbar language switcher (like Chinese) edit and update, now when I go back to my English using the switcher it is also translated in Chinese. what do you think went wrong?

FYI, I am trying to stay with the default settings as much possible as to avoid problems with the website. thank you.

May 22, 2019 at 7:37 am #3862613

paulE-14

I think if I disabled the WPML translation editor as a default, the ACF options stop working, is this a bug?

May 22, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3865319

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Here you can check the ACF requirements : https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#requirements-and-installation

It requires Translation Management.. not the translation editor.
If this is the case, we have to dig this deep.

We need to check this in a fresh installation.

please,
1. go to hidden link
2. install your theme
3. configure the WPML as you have it on your site. at the last step just click next (site key)
4. install ACF
5. create only one page.
6. recreate the issue.
7. let us know how to check this and how to recreate this issue.
8. explain the step 7 with screenshots and URLs for better understanding.

Regards,

May 23, 2019 at 1:25 am #3870079

paulE-14

Hi Riffaz,

I think it is a bug in ACF Multilingual 1.2, I have updated the plugin today to 1.3 and it is now working fine. the changelog says "Reverted the ACF Options Pages handling to the old workflow (with switching language switcher on the Options page)."

May 23, 2019 at 1:26 am #3870081

paulE-14

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!