This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 9, 2018 at 1:45 am #2042319

pJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Change autoload on SQL table to NO for: wp_installer_settings & wpml_translation_services

Can you please confirm if it safe to stop autoloading SQL wp-options query: wp_installer_settings it looks like it only is used bij toolset anyway.

Can i also disable autoload for wpml_translation_services i don't use external translators and will never start doing this..

Please verify and let me know if i can change them to autoload NO or delete them in full without messing up WPML?

May 10, 2018 at 7:28 am #2066438

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

It will be fine to disable the *autoload* in the most of the cases. Please run the following query to check the size of your autoload data.

SELECT option_name, SUM(length(option_value)) AS option_value_length
FROM wp_options
WHERE autoload='yes'
AND ( option_name LIKE '%wpml%' OR option_name LIKE '%icl%' )
ORDER BY option_value_length DESC

Also please let us know the exact reason for disabling the *autoload* option.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 13, 2018 at 2:26 am #2103214

pJ

All good no error just to speed up SQL if autoload is not necessary why outload anyway? 😛

May 14, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2123591

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It is happening because *_icl_cache* is used on every page, so autoload is using to speed up things that are loaded on every page. We planning some improvements in the upcoming versions.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 3:48 am #2128750

pJ

So i can disable autoload for wp_installer_settings & wpml_translation_services and it will also not bring issues later/in the long, so _icl_cache should stay on autload though?

May 15, 2018 at 1:07 pm #2139184

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded the details to our second tier team and waiting for their updates. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 16, 2018 at 4:34 am #2149495

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, it will not be an issue. If you set the autoload to false and if WPML needs those option on every page WordPress will fire a single additional query and cache the results. The cache memory is going to be used in any case.

You can also disable *wp_installer_settings* and *wpml_translation_services" for now we think those are not needed on each page.

Please create a new full site backup before these changes.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Disable wp_installer_settings & wpml_translation_services’ is closed to new replies.