This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 7:36 am #4644053

Xavier

Hello, I am optimizing my wp_options table and I see that WPML has a huge amount of entries with autoload = yes:

_wpml_batch_report 284232
wprc_info_extension 261445
wpml_translation_services 188802
wp_installer_settings 131080
_icl_cache 80343
wclsi_cat_chunk_0 77763
icl_sitepress_settings 65978
wclsi_cat_chunk_1 29781

There must be something wrong because I don't think that WPML needs all these settings to be loaded on every single page. The amount of theses autoload settings is 1.5MB.

My question is: Do you recommend me to change ALL this settings to autoload = no? Will it affect the site?

Thank you

September 26, 2019 at 8:36 am #4644505

Xavier

Hello, I received by email this answer from you:

I've been told we optimized that recently and override the settings might be dangerous.

It may be optimized but this settings are being loaded on every single page, so a further optimization is required. Could you please recommend a solution?

Thanks

September 26, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4649125

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you please point out which entries are causing problems and which is their impact (like time or status) so I can better report the issue to the developers?

The entries are all needed so we need to see how they impact you before we can suggest a solution.

September 27, 2019 at 8:14 am #4652227

Xavier

No entries causing problems. I am just optimizing my site to get a better performance.

I have found out that WPML is using slow queries and overloading unnecessarily the wp_options tabled.

September 27, 2019 at 10:26 am #4653343

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

to which queries are you referring exactly?

Did you consider trying our WPML 4.3.b, which improves performances?

As I said, the entries are needed so unless we find there is a specific issue with one of them we don't suggest disabling autoload.

September 27, 2019 at 10:43 am #4653551

Xavier

Yes, the slow queries are supposed to be fixed on WPML 4.3.b. I haven't tested it yet though.

Here I am asking about the wp_options entries. It is weird that all entries are needed to be autoloaded on every single page, as we are talking about a huge amount of entries. It would be great if your developers could help to optimize it.

September 27, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4655217

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I spoke with devs about this, but the request is a bit vague.

As I said, these entries were already optimized sometime ago, so unless there is a specific issue with one or more that is affecting your site (like a big drop in performance) this is not something we can consider a technical issue to resolve.

You might want to send a feature request to review these entries here: https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Please let me know if you have some more specific issue with one or more entries.