This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 7:04 am #2751008

Aldo

Same issue here. The current behavior is a big mess. In the beginning all my media got duplicated automatically. Any way to disable this "feature"?

September 20, 2018 at 10:18 am #2751723

andreasP-41

After an update to the latest WPML 4.0.7, I can now see all the images I previously uploaded to the media library. However, the media I uploaded since the update to WPML 4.0.7 still don't appear. This is the situation for the default language.

In the second language, I still see a small (and seemingly random) subset of the media library only. New uploads also don't appear here.

Thank you for your attention.

September 25, 2018 at 8:59 am #2763097

byte

I have the same issues, since the Update came out. Any news on this.
Just want to push the thread.

September 25, 2018 at 9:09 am #2763121

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Just to update you we are testing the fixes and it should be available in WPML 4.1
I will update you again when it is ready to download.

Thank you for your patience!

November 17, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2915910

Drago

Hi,
I think this is the same issue that I also have. When all duplication settings are off, some images are still duplicated.

On the first upload I'm uploading images on the main language (croatian) with drag'n'drop and some images are duplicated. So when I upload 3 images on croatian language, one image get duplicated when I duplicate page, I think it's the first one, and others are not. All checkboxes on How to handle media for new content are unchecked and on page edit Media attachments are also unchecked.

On the second upload on the same page I'm uploading another 3 images and again first uploaded image is duplicated when I'm duplicating page.

I have 3 languages, Croatian (main language), English and German.

So here is the process:
1.Create new page on main language, upload 3 image, in media library images are only on main language, not on others, that's ok
2.On page edit screen, on Language I duplicated page on English, image 1 is duplicated on English, not on German, that's not ok
3.On page in main language I upload another 3 images, nothing is duplicated, that's ok
4.On page edit screen, on Language I duplicated page on German, image 1 is duplicated on German now, that's not ok

I'm getting all images that I need from the main language and I don't need them on other languages (duplicating database entries) so when image on the main lanugage is deleted on media library i need it to be deleted from the server. Users can manipulate images only on the main language so images that are duplicated are not deleted from server because of database entry on other language.

I can see on the forum and I suppose this duplication when settings are off are not expected. Right?

So as far as I can see this is still issue, right?

Thanks

December 11, 2018 at 2:32 pm #2989088

andreasP-41

Like you said, Sumit, everything working well again for my sites in WPML 4.1. Thank you.

December 14, 2018 at 12:44 pm #3001805

Nohemi

Hi all,

The only solution i found is to :
- disable all duplicate options
- set media post type translation on "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" in the settings.
- upload the media to the default language.

The media is not visible on other languages media libraries but on post/page when you are in an other language and you click on "Add Media", the media appears.

It is not perfect and there is a bug with WP_Query : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/strange-changes-in-wp_query-vars-when-there-is-not-post_parent-arg/ but it works.

Of course, it would be better than WPML 5 does not translate medias by default like WPML 4.

December 17, 2018 at 12:34 am #3006218

shun-chengF

I have the same issue, would like to turn off media translation completely as most of our clients do not need it. And this core feature is making a mess especially with S3 offload media plugin.

Thanks,

December 18, 2018 at 7:28 am #3011157

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in WPML 4.1.2 please upgrade to latest version of WPML and now you can set media post type to "Not Translatable".

Please let me know if it works for you.