This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 7:29 am #3700549

faridM-2

I disabled the woocommerce "Shop" page by "Deselecting" the shop homepage in Woocommerce settings. While in the original language "french"
"/boutique" is working, the english translation ("/en/shop") is selecting the woocommerce page with categories showing up!!! Also when in english, the language switcher (Français (e.g french)) of the page is pointing to the english page instead of the french one.
Please check hidden link and the translated page hidden link
Which should looks similar while it is messed up.

When I enable woocommerce, the behaviour is right.

Thanks.

April 29, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3703053

faridM-2

Here a follow up.

I even deleted the translated shop page (/en/shop) and removed it from the trash. Well the translated
shop page was deleted from the english menu but the link (/en/shop) is still pointing to the english translations of the categories and products.

April 29, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3704631

faridM-2

Here another follow up.

I cleaned the database (with Optimize Database plugin) and the web page (/en/shop) was effectively deleted and no more available.

So I retranslated the page called (/boutique), which is NOT defined as a shop web page. BUT now the (/en/shop) is again pointing to the english translations of the categories and products......

April 29, 2019 at 8:06 pm #3706419

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

Do you just want the page in the original language to display the products and not the page in the secondary language?

It seems that even with WPML disabled, and without a "shop" page defined in WooCommerce settings, this is still seen with the "shop" page.

I tested it this way: first I deactivated WPML and then I removed the "Shop" page in WooCommerce > Settings > Products. When you access the "shop" page, the list of products is still displayed.

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Disabling woocommerce unexpcted behavior’ is closed to new replies.