Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 19, 2022 at 9:21 pm #11260769

maxD-9

I am trying to: get the discount rules and the pricing displayed on the translated product and cart page.

I have a dev environment (link below) where I made some tests, deactivating all plugins (except WPML, Woocommerce and Discount Plugin), I also switched to Storefront theme to make sure it is not a theme compatibility issue. Same problem here.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

In another support ticket, your team provided me with a sandbox environment, I did a similar test and it works here: hidden link

I expected to see: a discount on both translated product and cart page.

Instead, I got: nothing, except on the sandbox provided by WPML Team.

Can you please help me figure out what is happening here? I can provide you with access to the dev environment.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 4.00.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 4.00.41 PM.png
May 20, 2022 at 7:44 am #11263175

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you.

Can you provide wp-admin access to the dev environment in the area provided below?

THanks

May 20, 2022 at 9:29 pm #11269243

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

If I set the settings to be exactly like the sandbox site....the discounts show up on the product page:

hidden link

Is this correct?

I also notice that the version of the plugin that is installed on the sandbox site is not the same as what you are using.

For completeness, please upload the version that you are using on your site to the sandbox site.

I wait for your feedback.

Bonbons au THC 30mg (10x30mg) – Dev BCWE.png
May 21, 2022 at 12:13 am #11269341

maxD-9

Hi,

I updated the plugin version on the sandbox as well.

Thanks, which settings did you change? I try to get the exact same settings on the .com live website but I can't spot the difference.

As per the .net, I reactivated the Woodmart theme (which I am using on the live site) as well as the plugin and everything seems to be working ok.

May 21, 2022 at 12:14 am #11269365

maxD-9

I can provide you access to the live website and you can let me know which settings differ from Sandbox and the .net (dev environment).

Everything look pretty similar for me.

May 23, 2022 at 6:19 am #11276173

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The setting that seems to be key is in the definition of the Discount (see image) and to which products it is applied.

I think you had it set to use categories.

If you can replicate on the sandbox site - we can troubleshoot it there.

WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts ‹ Sandbox — WordPress.png
May 23, 2022 at 8:53 pm #11284255

maxD-9

Yvette,

Thanks for the help. Indeed I use discounts based on categories. Which should not cause problems.

So I tried a workaround, using discount rule for "all products" and excluding the "categories in list" that I didn't want.

So in the original version of the product, the discount works properly, as expected. However when it comes to the translated version of the product the exclusion does not work.

For example, I set a 25% discount for all products excluding the AAA category.
on the English version, it is fine, the exclusion works properly.

In the french version, the exclusion does not work. So I end up having a 25% discount on my AAA products only on the translated version.

All the settings are in the sandbox, please help me solve this compatibility issue.

May 24, 2022 at 7:27 am #11286709

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I have checked our compatibility list and can see that this plugin is not included in the tested compatible group of pricing plugins (see image).

I will have to escalate your case but I need to warn you that if there are other solutions that we have already tested as compatible, the priority given to this plugin will be lower.

Perhaps you might consider taking a look at these other options first? If they do not meet your needs, I will escalate this ticket to our compatibility team and they will decide on the next steps which include putting the resources to find a solution to make this plugin compatible.

For your reference, the list of compatible plugins can be explored here: https://wpml.org/plugin/

Recommended plugins for a reliable multilingual site.png
May 24, 2022 at 8:46 pm #11296977

maxD-9

Hi,

Thanks for the list provided, unfortunately, these plugins are either expensive, limited or causing bugs on my website.

Are you able to escalate the issue to the compatibility team?

May 25, 2022 at 3:30 pm #11307783

Yvette
Supporter

Ok. This is now escalated to our compatibility team for further evaluation.

May 30, 2022 at 2:27 pm #11345163

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Our compatibility team has evaluated the complexity of the work required to get this plugin to function correctly.

Unfortunately, the author is storing the exception in a custom table, wp_wccs_condition_meta, in the exclude_items meta key. Here, he stores the categories ID's exceptions.

As this custom table is not visible to our filters/hooks, it just will not work without the involvement of the plugin author to create some special code. Additionally, there are not many active installs for this plugin so we cannot justify spending our own resources to do any further work on this.

The suggestion from the compatibility team is to try using one of the already tested compatible plugin solutions that I have already sent you or to get the plugin author to join our GoGlobal program and reach out to us themselves. Even then, there may be a while before any sufficient resources will be free to attend to this matter.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.