This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 7:29 pm #4268773

aidc-tecnologiaL-2

Hello there.
While I work on the site translation, I need to find a way to display the language switch only for the admin, and not for any other visitor, temporaly.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

July 23, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4269141

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. It depends on how your theme was made, but you can hide the language selector by hiding the language. To do this, follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Hide languages
- Select the desired languages
- Click on the Save button

This will make the language selector not work/displays for the visitors. If the language selector is still displayed you can remove language selector if you set it up within WordPress.

If the language selector still appears, this is probably related to your theme, which may be forcing the language selector to appear.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Display language switch only for the admin’ is closed to new replies.