This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanW-7 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3836335

stefanW-7

I did setup fresh wpml for german as main language and english as second one. Mainly I choose the dropdown language switcher for the main menue.

MY PROBLEM: there is no switch only the german flag is displayed.

You can see it obviously on the homepage: st.kukai24.de

Because it is a duplicated test site installation there is no problem to login as Admin if needed

May 17, 2019 at 11:27 pm #3837297

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

Did you verify the language switcher options at WPML -> Languages -> Menu language switcher?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards
Andreas

May 18, 2019 at 1:45 am #3837475

stefanW-7

Hi Andreas, first: I did verify the language switcher options as mentioned, but that does not bring the correct result, so I sent you the debug informations

May 20, 2019 at 4:31 pm #3848981

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Is the page to 100% translated? Pages that are translated for the first time will need to be translated to 100% to be visible on front end.

Could you please enable the WPML Classic Translation Editor at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate Posts and Pages. Now please translate the page again.
Complete the translation by selecting the checkbox at the bottom of the Editor.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

If this will not solve the issue I would prefer to take a look at your site.

May 23, 2019 at 12:48 am #3870031

stefanW-7

Sorry, I actually have to make a break and will continue later on.