This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 7, 2018 at 8:25 am

Henrique

this is the same topic as : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/display-untranslated-content-without-duplication-2/

I have a conflict between wpml and the plugin "Search & Filter Pro", deactivating it solve the problem but I need it :/

Thank you.

September 10, 2018 at 11:44 am #2719807

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I can see that you are still outdated versions of WPML, could you please update the plugin to the latest versions and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 10, 2018 at 2:35 pm #2720283

Henrique

Hi,

I have updated WPML and made file/database backups with the plugin Updraft PLUS !

September 11, 2018 at 10:35 am #2723315

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you also update your search and filter pro to the latest version and let me know if this helps?
hidden link

Thanks

September 11, 2018 at 12:15 pm #2723730

Henrique

Hello,

I have updated the search and filter pro plugin to 2.4.5, still no change 🙁

September 12, 2018 at 7:44 am #2726529

Henrique

Hello,

I succeeded this morning to display english products without duplication. I have followed this documentation from search and filter : hidden link and in my functions.php I have changed

$sf_current_query = $searchandfilter->get(340)->current_query();

to

$sfilter_form_id = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', 340, 'search-filter-widget', TRUE  );
$sf_current_query = $searchandfilter->get($sfilter_form_id)->current_query();

Thank you for your help

September 12, 2018 at 7:50 am #2726579

Henrique

sorry I still need help, I thought it was ok but I had just deactivated the search and filter plugin.... :p

September 12, 2018 at 8:14 am #2726642

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please go to WPML -> Settings ->Post Types Translation and set the Search & Filter and translatable to fix the issue?
hidden link

Thanks

September 12, 2018 at 8:23 am #2726658

Henrique

I have already replicated the changes I've made locally to the server. (note : you have admin rights normally, you can do what you need, it's just a test server)

regards

September 12, 2018 at 11:33 am #2727290

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am working on this issue and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

September 13, 2018 at 12:44 pm #2731463

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their theme compatible with WPML. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

September 19, 2018 at 1:51 pm #2748977

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Our compatibility team is working on this issue and they have suggested a workaround currently for the issue, so could you please follow the below steps:

1) Backup your site
2) Go to wp-content/plugins/search-filter-pro/public/class-search-filter.php line no. 284 and replace the following code

if(($enable_taxonomy_archives==1) && (Search_Filter_Wp_Data::is_taxonomy_archive_of_post_type($post_type, false))) {
    $searchandfilter->set_active_sfid($search_form_id);
    $searchandfilter->get( $search_form_id )->query->setup_wc_query( $query ); 
    return;
    }

with

if(($enable_taxonomy_archives==1) && (Search_Filter_Wp_Data::is_taxonomy_archive_of_post_type($post_type, false))) {
    $searchandfilter->set_active_sfid($search_form_id);
    $my_current_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );
    if ( apply_filters('wpml_default_language', NULL ) == apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ) ) {
        $searchandfilter->get( $search_form_id )->query->setup_wc_query( $query ); 
        }
    return;
}

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 20, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2752280

Henrique

Hello,

Thank you, the workaround works ! All products from the category are successfully displayed in the other language. Only the pagination is different (and there is no filters in the search and filter form). I don't know if they are related problems.

September 21, 2018 at 4:38 am #2754027

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I couldn't figure out the pagination problem, could you please attach screenshots to show this issue?

Regarding filter category not showing on secondary languages, could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons and let me know if that helps:

+ Set Language information
+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Fix element types collation
+ Assign translation status to the duplicated content

Thanks

September 21, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2755280
Henrique

Hello,

please find here the screenshots for the pagination.
Unfortunately the troubleshooting actions didn't change anything to the filters.

New threads created by Shekhar Bhandari and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pagination-and-filters-category-not-working/