Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jimeH 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 31, 2021 at 10:12 am #8438373

jimeH

I am trying to: Displaying Untranslated Products and also the productfilter in the sidebar in a Secondary Languages (EN).
Translate site from NL (default) to ENGLISH

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/displaying-untranslated-products-in-secondary-languages/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (translation in progress)

I expected to see: The products also in English with product filter. We succeeded to make this work trough your article.

Instead, I got: a page with the products but no productfilter in the sidebar. We need to show the exact product filter as the NL language.

Can you help us?

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-31 om 12.11.13.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-31 om 12.11.19.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-31 om 12.10.19.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-31 om 12.10.29.png
March 31, 2021 at 10:30 am #8438689

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please tell me how the filter is created? Kindly check if the filter is translatable or not. If it is translatable, please translate the filters first. That should make them appear on the English site.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

Add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

March 31, 2021 at 10:49 am #8438981

jimeH

Thanks Osama for your response.

The filters are translated and translatable. And it already works, but only if we translate a product to language en.

See my screenshot.
- English language.
- Product with translation works and shows us a productfilter. (left sidebar)

But we want to show productfilter for products with no translation. Displaying Untranslated Products in a Secondary Language.

If this is not possible, then we need to translate all products with the same content. (duplicate content)

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-31 om 12.45.50.png
March 31, 2021 at 11:04 am #8439217

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I'm not totally sure if your approach will work or not, but I could check your site to check it if you provide me with the access details.

Also, you could check with the filter plugin support and ask them.

However, the duplicate workaround seems a better idea for me. You can duplicate all of your not translated products by going to WPML-> Translation Management and selecting the untranslated products, then duplicating them. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Thanks,
Osama

1.jpg
April 1, 2021 at 9:07 am #8446983

jimeH

Thanks Osama,

But is it possible to do this in bulk? Is there a faster way?
Otherwise we need to click trough the products.

April 1, 2021 at 9:24 am #8447053

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

You can duplicate the products in bulk from WPML-> Translation Management, select the not translated products, and click on the duplicate button. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Regards,
Osama

1.jpg
April 1, 2021 at 9:35 am #8447193

jimeH

Thanks Osama!
That works.

April 1, 2021 at 9:35 am #8447195

jimeH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!