This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: On translated pages where i have divi accordion module - it wont work... Does not open. On the default (primary) language page is working fine. The issue is with all accordion styles - even the mobile menu wont fold down. Solution: It seems to be a cache issue, and also due to an additional function according to footer global section. Also the Divi has an option for smooth scrolling and that's the reason of a lot of error like this: "Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive."

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 9:29 am #4288633

atanasP-2

I am trying to: translate pages, and so far its OK, but there few strange functional issues.

On translated pages where i have divi accordion module - it wont work... Does not open. On the default (primary) language page is working fine. The issue is with all accordion styles - even the mobile menu wont fold down...

Simmiler working problem is with a element (section, module, etc) which have an animation. Where there is an animation the module dont show it content on translated page. I did remove the animation on translated pages and it show everything correctly. However its not harmonic with the design structure.
If you are more familiar with these issues i will be happy to share some solutions.

Thanks

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 26, 2019 at 11:52 am #4289493

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked the Romanian translation and I could see that there are a lot of errors in the console. The content of the accordion is actually there but I think that the button to open it is not working due to the console errors (you can see the attached screenshot). I think it's related to the Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined error. Can you get it fixed and tell me if the issue about opening the accordion is still available, please? You can start checking this issue by deactivating all the minifying and caching from your website. My guess is that some JavaScript code is running faulty when it's minified.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4289629

atanasP-2

Hello,

thank you for your advise. It seems to be a cache issue, and also due to an additional function according to footer global section.
Also the Divi has an option for smooth scrolling and that's the reason of a lot of error like this:
"Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive."

Thank you for the assistance. I will back to you if any other questions.

Regards

July 26, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4289971

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal. I will mark this ticket as resolved now. If you have any other question or need some help with an issue, feel free to open a new ticket.

Thanks,
Radu