Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
April 19, 2021 at 2:01 pm #8573199

jamilC-3

I am trying to: Use the Divi Builder and if WPML is activated I get an 502 Error. I added 1GB of Memory and increased the execution time of the WP installation but am still not getting the Builder to start.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

April 20, 2021 at 9:39 am #8579451

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

The 502 error is a completely sever issue and WPML has no control over that. You can learn more about the issue here:

hidden link.

The server settings seem to be ok, so it is not a matter of the settings and more of the problem on the server-side.

I suggest that you contact the hosting service provider and ask them to check the error log to find the problem cause.

If you are interested we can give you the means to duplicate your website to our server, that way you will be able to see if the same error happens there or not. (My educated guess is that it will not 😉 )

Thank you.

April 20, 2021 at 9:56 am #8579535

jamilC-3

Mhm I was thinking that as well, but without WPML activated, everything is working fine.
I forgot to mention, that the Shop is large (about 11.000 products). I hosting myself in a VM in Azure, I'll check if I can find an error log and if not I'll try you suggestion and test it on the your server.

April 21, 2021 at 6:52 am #8587521

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Thank you, yes please check the server logs as most probably it is not WPML related issue.

That is not to say that WPML needs resources. So think of this, you have 11k products and if all the products are translated then you will have 11k more database entries for the translation of them.

WPML has to add separate rows for each product so it can handle the translation and the connection between the original language and the translation.

So if your server can not handle that it might be the fact that you see the issue when WPML is active. But that does not mean the WPML codebase is the issue.

Thank you 🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] Divi Builder not loading -> 502 Error’ is closed to new replies.