Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 7:44 am #3966725

jasperR-4

I am trying to translate pages that are created with the Divi Builder using a Divi Child Theme. These contain multiple buttons and call-to-action modules, but the Classic Translation Editor shows only a transalatable link for just one of them. For the other modules, the link is not displayed.

I use the following Custom XML configuration (if I don't add this, there are no translatable links shown at all in the Translation Editor):

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>et_pb_button</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>button_text</attribute>
                <attribute>button_url</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>et_pb_cta</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>button_text</attribute>
                <attribute>button_url</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>et_pb_blurb</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>url</attribute>
                <attribute>link_option_url</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

1) How can I solve this so I can translate all links on the page using the Translation Editor?
2) Why is this code not part of the wpml-config.xml for Divi?
3) Is there an easy way to refresh the pages that should be translated after updating the Custom XML configuration? Currently I have to make a change in the original page before the updated XML configuration applies to the translations and I can see the added fields.

Thanks!

Jasper

June 6, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3969639

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Maybe this elements are added by a third party functionality, like the theme or another plugin. I recommend you to contact Divi's support service and ask them about this.

3.- Yes, this is the right way to do it.

Kind regards,
Carlos