This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 6:32 pm

edisonO

I am trying to: Translate Divi Carousel module

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The carousel in Spanish

Instead, I got: The carousel in English

I used the Advanced Translation Editor to translate this module, but it's still showing in English. Other carousels on the same page are displaying properly. Help! You can see the section I mean under "Algo para todos."

August 28, 2019 at 7:31 pm #4476701

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard and noticed your Divi global module 'Service Carousel' had a status of 'translation needs update' I clicked to edit its translation and complete all the fields to make it 100% complete, now it displays properly translated in your website frontend at: hidden link.

You still need to edit its translation to translate the 'Acceso a su efectivo en cualquier lugar en cualquier momento' carousel item content to spanish, as I didn't translate it when editing the module translation.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

August 28, 2019 at 8:01 pm #4476763

edisonO

Maybe you can tell me how you did this - I just added a translation to the Carousel module on this page hidden link and same thing - I completed the translation through the Divi Library, but it's not showing up on the page. And I don't see it in the WPML --> Translations section.

August 29, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4480849

edisonO

Bump

August 29, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4482267

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting here. I didn't find the 'Product Carousel' in your Divi Library, also I see the 'prestamos-personales' has a lot of incomplete translations. Have you created the Product Carousel of this page as a stand alone module or a global Divi module? If it is a global Divi module, how can I find it in your Divi Library? I mean, how this module is named? These clarifications will help me to find the cause of your translation issues. You can also, try the following in your own:

1 - Make a minor editing in the 'Product Carousel' module in the default language and save your changes, this step will refresh the translation jobs of your translated module.

2 - Now, edit your module translation and make sure everything is checked as translation complete.

August 29, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4483177

edisonO

There is a module called "Personal Lending Product Carousel with Translation" that is fully translated. That's what should be showing up on this page in Spanish.

August 29, 2019 at 8:36 pm #4483509

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I see your 'Personal Lending' translated page has a status of 'translation in progress'. Please make sure the following:

1 - Temporary keep yor cache plugin disabled.

2 - Finish the translation of 'Personal Lending', you should see the the pencil icon not the current cogs icon.

I also see other modules which have a working translation are saved as global module, while this particular one doesn't seem to be saved this way, which means if your page are not fully translated the translation made for this module won't work.

See: hidden link