Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 22, 2020 at 9:27 am #5338967

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Divi code module does not copied over to ATE when I try to translate the page. I have tested this by adding the iFrame in a Divi code module which can't be translated by the ATE. Usually WPML then simply copies over the code module from the source. It does that now, but the code module gets emptied.

Here is a new page with Divi text and code modules. Translate it with the ATE in English and then German right after. You'll see that the text goes to the ATE, and the code modules with iframe doesn't as expected. But in the end, the code modules with iframe need to be added back in the translation:
hidden link

Here are login details:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/iframes-not-shown-on-translated-pages/#post-5252521

Thanks

January 23, 2020 at 8:03 am #5346069

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

I have reproduced the issue in my test installation and checking about this with our Advanced Translation Editor team now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 23, 2020 at 1:51 pm #5349597

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the issue is escalated to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 27, 2020 at 10:12 am #5368801

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Ok thank you for your help so far.

January 27, 2020 at 1:52 pm #5370261

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. Our second-tier team currently working on this issue. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 7, 2020 at 5:31 am #5444315

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our developers are still working on this issue. We would like to know you are getting the expected result after the following workaround. Please try it after a site full backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Open *functions.php* file of your theme for edit
2) Add the following code on the bottom of the page

function km_add_unfiltered_html_capability_to_editors( $caps, $cap, $user_id ) {
    if ( 'unfiltered_html' === $cap && (user_can( $user_id, 'editor' ) || user_can( $user_id, 'administrator' ) )) {
        $caps = array( 'unfiltered_html' );
    }
    return $caps;
}
add_filter( 'map_meta_cap', 'km_add_unfiltered_html_capability_to_editors', 1, 3 );

3) Create a new Page with Iframe code
4) Translate it with ATE

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 7, 2020 at 10:07 am #5445409

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Thank you Bigul,

Any idea when this will be fixed in the plugin?

Also, do you know when the other compatibility issues with Divi will be fixed? It's already 3 months after this post. https://wpml.org/compatibility/2019/10/update-on-divi-4-0-and-wpml-compatibility/

Thanks
JP

February 7, 2020 at 3:44 pm #5448957

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I hope you are getting the expected result after the workaround. Our developers are still working on the issue. So right now I don't have the exact time frame required for the fix.

Most of the Divi compatibility issues are fixed. We can expect more improvements in WPML 4.3.7. It is in QA stage now.

--
Thanks!

Bigul