Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by barrettL 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
September 28, 2022 at 8:01 pm #12144225

barrettL

I am trying to translate the slug of a custom post type. The post type comes with DIVI, and its default labels are 'Projects'. In my theme, I have changed the labels to be 'Countries'. When attempting to translate the slug in WPML->Settings->Post Type Translation it will not save. For a little bit I was seeing this error message just above the field
"slugs are set to be translated, but they are missing their translation", however that message isn't showing anymore. I've tried clearing the WPML cache, and saving permalinks a few times without success. Anything I enter into the japanese translation field for the slug is not saved.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.58.27 PM.png
October 1, 2022 at 9:02 pm #12161933

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.
Let's start by meeting WPML's minimum requirements. I've noticed your website has a low PHP memory allocation (40M). The minimum requirements for WPML is 128M but we recommend 256M:

Access your server via FTP and open wp-config.php (in your WordPress root directory).

Insert those lines just before /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/* Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
---
Regarding your issue, it seems that you followed all the right procedure so I'm not sure what could be the issue.

It might be a conflict between plugins. I see that it's a staging site, could you please try to run the site in minimal setup?
1) Disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML.
2) If the issue disappears please start reactivating the plugins one by one, or activate them in small groups. This way you can verify at which point the issue appears again and identify the plugin that is causing the issue.

Nico

October 5, 2022 at 2:16 pm #12186451

barrettL

It was a combination of scanning themes and plugins, wrapping the the labels in our theme with the translate function, and then finding the correct strings in string translation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.