This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 21, 2019 at 11:25 am #3112075

klemenJ

I am trying to:
Translate the Footer Credits strings in my divi theme. I'm translating it from Slovenian to SK.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link. Example: It should be Naša zaruka and instead it's still in the original language - Naša garancija.
I expected to see:
Every single string translated, as I've translated them in the backend, but instead only some of those strings are translated and the links are also not translated.
I've tried the minimal environment and nothing, WP memory is set to 768M.

Thank you in advance.

January 22, 2019 at 3:54 am #3114873

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support.

Please try the following steps and check if the issue still exists. Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

Please also clear your cache from 'WP Fastest Cache'.

-edit the page having issues. edit it on the original language.
-make a small change on one of the modules. click 'Update.
-undo the small change. click 'Update'
-translate the page to secondary languages completely. Save and close.

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 22, 2019 at 8:45 am #3115131

klemenJ

Hi!
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. To this extent that now it won't translate the whole footer, not even partially.

Best,

January 22, 2019 at 9:14 am #3115281

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you using a gobal module/section for the footer section? If so, kindly check the following documentation for a better understanding of WPML+Divi translation. Specifically, translating global items.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-global-items

If not, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 23, 2019 at 1:29 am #3118438

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Before I continue debugging your site, could you please try to update WPML and its addon plugins to latest version. We have recently updated WPML which includes several bug fixes including DIVI related issues.

Note: Please secure a complete backup of your site before updating.

https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

Does it solve your issue? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 23, 2019 at 11:26 am #3120294

klemenJ

Hi!

I've updated the plugins, deleted the strings and tried translating them all over again and still nothing, sadly.

Best,
Mili

January 24, 2019 at 2:13 am #3122965

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I tried to login to your wordpress site but I was not able to. I got this error (please refer to attached image). Could you please whitelist my IP (112.211.243.69) so I can continue debugging your site?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 25, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3128976

klemenJ

Hi! I have added you now!

King Regards!

January 28, 2019 at 2:34 am #3133693

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, I still can't access your site. I'm still having 403 error.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 28, 2019 at 8:01 am #3134159

klemenJ

Hello,

I've used a plugin to whitelist your IP, do you think this is the problem? You have for sure been whitelisted with the plugin ...

Kind Regards.

January 28, 2019 at 9:03 am #3134512

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I am not sure. I tried to login again but still getting 403 error. It says: You can whitelist your IP address through .htaccess file: WordPress administration access when I clicked the link it redirects me to this page: hidden link

Maybe this is something from your host? It says you can include my ip address to your .htaccess file to whitelist my ip address.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 28, 2019 at 12:25 pm #3135390

klemenJ

Hi, I've added your IP to the htaccess page now, is it still not working?

January 29, 2019 at 1:39 am #3137775

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, I still can't access your site.

Another option is for me to have a copy of your site so I can run some tests locally and eventually escalate the ticket if needed.
We usually suggest to use the free plugin Duplicator, and here is our documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
I will need a complete copy of the website, not just the database.

If it's okay with you, I'll enable a private reply so you can safely share the link with me. Kindly send both the ...archive.zip and the ...installer.php files. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 31, 2019 at 9:56 am #3147096

klemenJ

Here are the files!

Best regards,

February 1, 2019 at 1:33 am #3150097

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't find the links to the files. I will re-enable again the package information box so you can share it securely with us. You should be able to find that box under the reply text box.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Divi Footer Credits strings only partially translated’ is closed to new replies.