This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 24, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4275673

tomE-10

WPML suggests full compatibility with Divi pages, but unless the image is directly inserted into the page, WPML isn't showing the translated image.

For example, I have a page with a carousel - none of the images within the carousel are showing as the translated image.

Full screen divi image doesn't show translated image, I had to manually modify each page for this, but I don't want to have to do this for nearly every page.

Edit: this seems to be affected images in content. So if an image is inserted into Divi content editor within the block, then the translated image is not used.

July 24, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4277035

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share me the following details to for tracking the issue.

a) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) Please share the URL of the page having issue. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 2, 2019 at 8:58 am #4328297

tomE-10

Hi Bigul,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately it's not my site I am only implementing the translation - therefore I can't take full backup as don't have access to hosting and also can't give out access.
I chose WPML as it said it worked with Divi but in the end I've had to manually go and edit each page translation as the media translation just doesn't work for most of the divi content.
For example - a divi block which has the divi editor in, any media added this way doesn't use the translated media. The only bit that worked was any "direct" divi image blocks, and even that was flakey if the image blocks were embedded witin other blocks.

Divi fullwidth image block didn't show correct media either.

Thanks

August 2, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4331071

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. But I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly in my test installations. Therefore I have a request, please share a few screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

Have you translated the images from WPML>>Media Translation?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Divi Images not using translated image’ is closed to new replies.