Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
February 4, 2020 at 7:45 am

christophM-21

Hi

A few days ago I filled the Divi Layouts in translation with elements from the Divi Library, so that they are synchronous in both languages.

At first everything looked like it would work like this.
When changing the language, the other logo appeared and also the texts in the footer appeared in the expected language

When I wanted to correct a little bit in the layouts a few days later, I noticed that the layout blocks are the same in both languages, or the same block is used in both languages.
To verify this, I added EN to all names of the English layout blocks and DE to all German layout blocks.

It turned out that the DE blocks are now also drawn in EN, which makes it impossible for me to provide the header/footer with individual content in the respective language.

I also tried to create the blocks via Divi library and then integrate them into the layouts.
Pictures are also not translated into the other language, although I used Media Translation to provide them with the translated picture.

Can you please help me.

February 4, 2020 at 8:43 am
February 5, 2020 at 10:26 am #5429341

christophM-21

Hi Noman

I did create a Stage envoirement,and tested with the beta versions. But unfortunately that didnt helped to get the Divi Layouts translated...

In both languages the layout blocks are still the same, or if you adjust one of them, it will be changed in the other language as well.

PS: the staging is under hidden link if you want have a look

February 5, 2020 at 8:13 pm #5433983

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Christoph,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I checked the whole discussion you had with my colleague Noman. Also, he mentioned that this is already a known issue and my colleagues are checking this out.

Just to make sure that I'm looking at the right issue and it's the one that's been already reported, you:

• created the element in Divi → Divi Library;
  • used the element in Divi → Theme Builder.
  • Now, the elements you created are not using the translation, even though you created it in Divi → Divi Library, am I right? In your case, the layout that you're trying to use is called Home-Vorlage DE.

Thanks,
    Radu

February 5, 2020 at 8:24 pm #5434013

christophM-21

Hi Radu
    Thx for following up my support request.

I will try to explain it again in some more detail.

One of the Layout(s) was called in EN Home-Vorlage EN
      Another of the Layout(s) was called in DE Home-Vorlage DE

I created them, because the link/commonality of the layouts in the other language was not created, respectively they do not behave like the other components (pages, articles, or divi layouts), which are translated with the + sign

A few days ago the translation using the Divi layouts was functional. In EN I had 5 layout blocks and in DE as well. I then marked each block accordingly (EN / DE).

The result on the front web page was as expected.

Now you can find all blocks with the abbreviation DE. Which is just wrong. The EN ones should have EN at the end, so that they may be distinguished.

As soon as you rename a block, for example, it will have the same label in the other language, as well as all other layout information in it...

If I put another logo in the header or another text in the footer of one of the layouts, e.g. the layout Home DE, then this was only in one layout block of one language. In EN the corresponding logo or text in the footer was in English.

The day before yesterday, I noticed that the layout blocks no longer behave as desired. In EN and DE they are now the same, so to speak references to each other.

After I noticed this, I started to insert the library elements into the layouts to give it a try. But even that did not get me where I wanted to go.

All Layout Blocks behave now like that and lost the appropriate language assignment.

If this doesn't quite describe the situation, I will gladly go into more detail...

February 5, 2020 at 8:58 pm #5434213

christophM-21

In addition, I had to realize today that there are also certain inconsistencies with the Divi Library elements that are set to Global.

For example the page → hidden link

This was already finished and I just wanted to enter the meta info for the SEO optimization. When I entered the content it turned out shortly after that that they also behave wrong and show the following behavior:

If I enter texts in the DE, then these are also inserted in the EN. Translating is then not possible at all.
    It has kept the pictures from the English version, but due to the translation the texts are all identical in German - and also in the other language...

If I still find the time tonight, I will create "standalone" Divi Library elements(wothout doing any transltion) in the appropriate language section and enter them in the right place. So "to speak" without a translation of the data set in the other language.

*Regarding the media and their translations, I have also question, should I include this in this ticket or should I open a new one
    (PDF's and videos will be filled with the content of the EN template after the translations have been updated)

February 8, 2020 at 8:36 am #5451951

Radu
    Supporter

Hey Christoph,

Can you tell me if you made any changes in the meantime, please? I'm asking this because I had a look at this page hidden link. The logo is different in English and Deutsch (which was not like this the first time I checked it).

I had another look at the Home-Vorlage template right here hidden link and now I can see the DE and EN versions when changing the languages using the top admin bar. This wasn't happening either yesterday either.

Thanks,
    Radu

February 11, 2020 at 8:13 am #5466957

christophM-21

Hi Radu

Thank you for your Answer.

I disabled the option "Use WPML's translation editor" on all pages and then continued to maintain the pages independently of each other.

When I checked the "Post type translation" in the settings, the options that apply to Divi layouts were reset to the default values.

After I configured them again ("Translatable - show only translated elements") all blocks in the Divi Layouts were available in both languages again.

In the meantime I opened another ticket because I needed an answer at the end of last week because the site had to go live.
    Here is the link to that Ticket: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/divi-wpml-medien-uebersetzen-mit-layout-builder-und-bibliothekselementen/

February 14, 2020 at 11:20 am #5493937

Radu
    Supporter

Hey Christoph,

Can you tell me if things are working fine now on the translated pages, please? I had another look at your website but I think that the changes you made fixed the problem about the header that wasn't translated on the translated pages.

I looked again at the translations and elements are looking fine (like the logo, for example).

Thanks,
    Radu

February 14, 2020 at 2:56 pm #5495181

christophM-21

Hi Radu

Thank you for your reply.
    The Site is now under the following URL: hidden link

Yes, everything is now functional, but by no means satisfactory!!
    To this day I still do not understand this behaviour.
    I spent hours checking the changes in the beta version until it turned out that the settings in the WPML have reset. Guess this happened during an update. I can't explain it any other way, because the saying "Never touch a running system" also applied here, until it turned out that the translations no longer appear as they did before.

Which is now de facto the case, that I enter the content in both languages without Translation Editor. (Fearing that the undesired behaviour will show up again)
    If adjustments to the layout are to be made in the future, it will probably involve a great deal of effort to check all this in the staging environment first.

Until today nobody could explain to me why it behaves so unpredictable and also the answer is pending how to configure it correctly. I have opened 3 support tickets at your site (2 in English, 1 in German) and one of them was unexpectedly closed before a plausible or acceptable answer.

One more thing at the end. The workaround to change the 5 radiobuttons in the settings was recalled by the same supporter shortly after.
    But when I used this application I finally got the desired result.

My wish is that WMPL will sit down with "Elegantthemes" and eliminate these weaknesses. Both of them are not insignificant plugins which generate their income from paying customers.

Which would also be very helpful if a public announcement to the users is published.

February 14, 2020 at 3:45 pm #5495671

christophM-21

I would like to point out that every time i update the pages from EN to DE via Translation Manager, the medias in DE are reset to those of EN.
    This means: All images and PDFs on the DE page contain the wrong content after the update.

With some images this is not a problem, but where language dependent another PDF can be downloaded by clicking on the image, this is very annoying, because now I have to check and adjust all contents again.

This does not affect the Divi layouts, but all individual pages. During the translation process, the media entered in the contents cannot be replaced individually via Translation Manager for DE. This is currently only customizable for the post image and the Images i add inside the RTE Editor.

All images that are entered using the "Image" module are not appearing in the translation Manager and are therefore overwritten with the original data from EN

February 17, 2020 at 10:11 am #5506269

Alejandro
    Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Could you please try our beta latest beta versions because we had a lot of improvements and compatibility fixes with divi in them and there were a few things regarding Divi Layouts as well.

You can find the beta versions by going to plugins > Add new > Commercial > Change the channel (dropdown selection menu item) to "Development".

You can also download them manually by going to this link: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
    then press the blue circled "i" icon on our plugins and download the latest beta versions from there.

Please try them on a staging version of your site and make a backup before doing so.

Then try the process again, and let me know how it goes.

Regards.

February 17, 2020 at 1:57 pm #5508035

christophM-21

Hi Alejandro

Thank you for your reply.

I have already installed the 4.3.7-b.2 Version.

Layouts can be handled correctly, but Medias(PDF's Preview Images and Links) are not handled via Translation Management. They do not appear.

Greetings

February 17, 2020 at 5:26 pm #5509737

Alejandro
    Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

This is because you're using The advanced translation Media (if i'm not mistaken), they should translate or duplicate automatically if you translated them from WPML > Media Translation.

Please make sure you're have anough memory allocated to the site otherwise you will need to allocate more and then update the page (by adding a character to the page's title, for example) and then re-update/translate the translation of that layout.

you can go to WPML > Support to know how much memory you're using and how much you have allocated to it.

In the debug information it seems you're still not meeting the minimum requirements so let's do it next:

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Divi Layouts translation issue’ is closed to new replies.