This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some divi library items are either not showing or not showing as global elements in other languages (when translating manually).

Solution: Please update to the latest version of WPML, Translation Management and String Translation

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Anne Jan 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 10:49 am

OyvindG-2

I am trying to: Save sections/rows/modules to my divi library for my second language of the webpage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Translated sections/rows/modules in my library... See detailed description below

Instead, I got: see below: I have some issues with Divi and WPML. When translating a webpage i like to use manual translations, and not the built-in translation editor - this is because it gives more freedom and i can alter design for various languages. Most of the times this works fine - but i do have a few things that seem to be happening often, and i cant figure out why or what causes it...

When working on a page of my second language i save a section to the library to use on another page. Then what happens is one of three things:

1 - it works fine and i can use the section on another page of the website
2 - I can´t see the section i created for my second language (or any other modules/section etc for that language), but i see only saved elements from my main language
3 - I can´t see any saved element at all... (see pictures attached where i have two saved global sections, but when trying to load them - i can only find another one that is not even supposed to be there)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

April 29, 2019 at 1:37 pm
April 30, 2019 at 11:26 am #3710657

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that i sent this case to our developers. it seems that there must be a configuration issue somewhere but i couldn't find it unfortunately.

I'll wait for our team of developers to get back to me with an answer and update you, then.

Regards.

May 2, 2019 at 7:33 am #3722311

Alejandro
Supporter

I'm changing the status of this ticket to "Escalated to Compatibility Team" because there seems to be a recent incompatibility between DIVI and WPML for divi's latest version.

In the meantime you can try a DIVI version from january or february and that might work.

I'll wait until i get an answer from our compatibility team and let you know.

You don't have to answer this ticket (at least not now).

May 2, 2019 at 7:41 am #3722377

OyvindG-2

Hi, thanks for letting me know. Just a side-note - i tried adding another language on a test page/installation of this website and here is what happened:

- On the front page i only see the library items from the english version no matter what language i edit.

- On a subpage i made (german language), it appears to be working fine. I saved an item to the library and was able to find this on another subpage.

So besides there being something universally wrong with the front page library items (and some other random pages) there seems to be something broken with the Norwegian translation setup or something in particular?

May 2, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3725009

Alejandro
Supporter

Interesting information,

I'll send these details to our developers to see if they can find out where is the problem originating from!

May 7, 2019 at 7:24 am #3754743

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi,

I ran a few database queries because the problem is originating in the database.

Right now the saved sections appear after the queries added and i'm checking with our developer to find out the root of the problem.

I'll keep you updated but for now sections are usable again, so you can try and check on your own (and let me know, if possible).

Thanks in advance for your patience.

May 7, 2019 at 9:39 am #3756041

OyvindG-2

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ran a test and was able to save a section to the library and find it on another page. However, i tried to save it as a global element, and when i loaded it to another page it was not global anymore.

Also, the elements previously saved in the library are still not there. And on the front page i can still only find elements from the english library.

As a side note, i reset the WPML plugin and deleted all translated content on my own test site that i have set up, and re-installed WPML and set up languages (norwegian and english) as before and it all worked fine (except the front page only items from native/english library). But i really don´t want to go to that length on the live page as that will result in a lot of work...

May 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3758493

Alejandro
Supporter

I sent this further information to our developers.
There is definitely something going on with this problem, the main issue is that, as you said, the problem seems to appear later, and our developers are trying to figure out what could be causing this issue.

May 8, 2019 at 8:43 am #3764679

OyvindG-2

Please note that i have reset the WPML plugin and all its settings, deleted all norwegian content and just started doing everything over again. I couldn´t wait any longer for this issue to be resolved...

After resetting and deleting WPML it works again.

But we still have the issue of the front page only showing elements from native language library - please look into this. It´s an issue on all our WPML sites.

May 10, 2019 at 11:57 am #3783917

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,
Sorry about the delay in the answer, we've been digging into your previous issue to see if it's a bug coming from WPML and what could be triggering it.

If you please tell me which are the elements that are not getting translate i'll try to fix them, if they are scattered across different pages, then please list them so i can check them all out.

May 10, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3784019

OyvindG-2

Its a little hard to explain - but i´ll give it a try.

If you select norwegian language in the back-end and go to Divi --> Divi library. Here you will see all elements that are available in Norwegian version of the page. If you now click on the language in top bar and switch to english, you see all the english elements. With me so far?

Ok, if you go to ANY page in Norwegian except the home page and edit the page with front end visual builder (or back-end, but we use front-end). Click any BLUE plus sign to insert a new section, and select "load from library" (or "last fra bibliotek" or something in norwegian). Here you will see many of the same elements as from the Divi Library in Norwegian which we checked in previous step. All good so far? Note, this is what didn´t work previously, before i restored-deleted-installed WPML again.

THEN, go to the home page norwegian version and enable visual builder. Do the same here: click any blue plus sign to insert a section, and click the import from library function. Here you will only see the elements saved for the english language. See the problem?

Now, you don´t have to do any translations or anything for me - i´ve set it all up, so it all should be fine. But i would really like this issue with the home page to work. This is the same for all pages i run WPML on. The home page only gives me the native language saved in the divi library.

May 16, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3826267

Alejandro
Supporter

I'm starting to believe that there is a module or something that is messing with one of our settings (one that is not really visible, but it's more of an "under the hood" feature).

Because the database is being modified and that's why it doesn't work.

we managed to fix the problem (when it happens on other pages) but our developer couldn't replicate the current problem, so would you mind sending me a duplicator package of the current site so i can replicate the problem, please.

If you already know how Duplicator works (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

May 20, 2019 at 7:27 am
May 20, 2019 at 8:13 am #3844677

OyvindG-2

Hey, we are starting to see this problem on other pages as well now, to the point where we are getting really desperate/frustrated in how hard this is to work with. One of the pages with this problem is hidden link - here we have three languages, and now we don´t see the saved items in different languages. For swedish pages we only see the saved items for the native language norwegian for instance... Please make this a priority, we need to have a solution for this as we maintain a lot of pages.