This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How can I display the WordPress dashboard in English?

Solution: Please go to Users -> Your profile and make sure that your language is set to English and the checkbox to switch to editing language is not checked.

Also, if you are not using .po files to translate the front end of your website, you can go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and select one of the translation options that does not load .po/.mo files.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vasilikiK 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 1:56 pm #2215799

vasilikiK

I am trying to:
Hello,

I am building websites that are mostly in Greek.
I try to keep the Divi Theme and the Divi Builder in English
I prefer that since i am more familiar with the English terms of Divi.
I switch off the translations in Divi but it is not working.

Thank you

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 24, 2018 at 1:45 pm #2223233

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to Users -> Your profile and make sure that your language is set to English and the checkbox to switch to editing language is not checked.

Also, if you are not using .po files to translate the front end of your website, you can go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization and select one of the translation options that does not load .po/.mo files.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 24, 2018 at 3:00 pm #2223747

vasilikiK

It is working if i make the settings you suggest, but what i would prefer is to keep the backend of WordPress to Greek and only have the Divi in English. Do you think that is possible ?

May 24, 2018 at 3:29 pm #2224202

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

The only way I think of that would work for this is if you change the settings to enable the .po/.mo translations. Then, go to WPML -> String Translations and for the Divi admin strings, override the .po translations with English translations. It will need to be done manually, there is no way to automatically make that happen. I hope that works for you!

May 24, 2018 at 3:34 pm #2224208

vasilikiK

I will keep it in Greek then. Thank you.