This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 9:02 am #4524205

amanuelH

Hi, I am using DIVI Theme and have compatibility issue with WPML. As soon as I activate and start configuring the WPML, my site gone unreachable.

September 6, 2019 at 9:18 am #4524281

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Amanuel,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

We are compatible with Divi. It's actually the most used Theme from our customers.

#1 The issue could be caused by your server or memory configuration. Are you able to activate WPML? If yes, could you please add me your WPML Debug Info? https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

#2 If no, can you please also activate the WordPress Debugging, to localize any PHP errors on your site? You can activate the WP Debug Mode in your wp-config.php file.

WordPress includes a debug mode which helps reveal PHP problems.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please note that you’ll see everything, not only related to our Plugins.
This will most likely include messages from other plugins, your theme and sometimes even WordPress core. The messages appear all over the place.
Sometimes they appear right on top, but they can also appear in the middle of the page.

DOC:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please report to me the errors you are seeing.
Kind Regards
Marcel

September 6, 2019 at 11:51 am #4525115

amanuelH

Hi,

The following is displayed:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 581632 bytes) in /www/webvol8/22/qnw10usg2m8czpc/bookshop.harboyenterprise.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/main-modules.php on line 23

BR
Amanuel

September 6, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4525231

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

HI,

yes, the memory limit is causing this error.

Please try the following https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-134217728-bytes-exhausted-tried-to-allocate/#post-786291 and let e know if it solved your problem.

Best Marcel