This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Living Miracles 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 11:10 pm #4130403

Living Miracles

I am trying to: I created a contact form with the Divi them on our acim.mobi site yesterday in English and in Spanish. However, it seems the only thing I can't get to translate is the error message in the Spanish contact form, so the message is showing up in English which does not feel helpful. I don't know where this issue is occurring in order to fix it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (you will need to leave at least one field empty in the form and then click "Enviar" in order to see the error message)

I expected to see: I expected to see the error message in the Spanish contact form (from leaving one or more fields empty when trying to submit it) show up in Spanish instead of English

Instead, I got: The error message showed up in English on the Spanish contact form

July 3, 2019 at 12:34 am #4130663

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

Before we start, please make sure your hosting meets all the requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Then, please follow the below steps to see if that resolves the issue:

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select all plugins and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Now search for all the texts you want to translate and make sure all of those are translated and marked as complete.

Let me know how this goes!

July 8, 2019 at 6:24 pm #4165023

Living Miracles

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!