This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Anja 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 1:38 pm #2784722

Anja

Hello dear WPML Support Team!

Maybe this has already been answered, but I really have no idea how to find a solution or how to figure it out myself.

I do not understand how to set the links properly.
My page is in German and I have an English translation working.

For example: From the HOME page slider in English, all links from the button land on the German page, not the English target. Also when you scroll down to the three flowers, the links should land on the English page, not on the German, of course.

This concerns other links as well. Inside the English translated page, everything works fine.
But when I am on the German page, I do not see any option how to change the link target.

I hope you understand what I mean.
Thank you very much for your support!
Anja

October 3, 2018 at 4:49 pm #2785310

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know how you did translate that page? By using the Classic editor? Manual mode? Also, did you manage to translate the links, too?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

We also have some documentation on how to translate Divi sites:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

Answering the questions above might help me get a better understand of how you've translated the page elements.

I will be waiting for your answer.

October 12, 2018 at 7:30 am #2810991

Anja

Hello Mihai, so sorry for my late reply. I did not receive an email that a support answer had come unfortunately. I thought I put the settings that I receive a notification, but it does not seem to work.

Do I have to start a new thread now?

In case you can read this and reopen the ticket:

I enclose two screenshots showing how I do the translation. I guess I do it manually, but I cannot translate the link targets. Therefore, the links are leading to the German page, not to the English page the way I want it.

shot a1: The English Homepage with a link in the slider. It shall lead to where I want it, but it goes to the German page.

shot 1: This is where I am working on my translations.

October 12, 2018 at 8:17 am #2811150

Anja

Hello 🙂
Thank you for the link - I just found out that I can edit the internal links on my page with the VISUAL BUILDER. THANK YOU!
Regards,
Anja