This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sergioV-12 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 4:58 pm #4674201

sergioV-12

I have a similar problem to one I saw in the forum (from user micheleG-15 and answered by Noman), but the answer did not help me.

I'm using Divi for an LMS website. I use a video slider component and Vimeo videos. My default language is English and the second language is Spanish.

The problem is that when I got to the Spanish translated pages, it displays the videos in English. When I try to edit the URL in the Divi Video Slider Component, it works for like 5 minutes and then it changes back to the English link.

The solution Noman gave micheleG-15, was to use xml code in the settings -> custom xml configuration. I think my issue can be solved there, unfortunately I don't know xml. The solution from Noman was:

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>et_pb_video</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>src</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

And it wonk work because the DOM is different for me, I have iframes with the src Vimeo video. Attached you'll see a screenshot of the Spanish page with the English Videos and one of the DOM. If you can give me the XML that will make the translation editor give me a place to put in the video URL's that need to be "translated" that would really help 🙂

If you need any additional info, let me know.
Thanks!!

October 1, 2019 at 8:01 pm #4675161

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @sergiov-12, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

The XML code seems correct. You need to add it to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration, then do a small modification on the page content (original language) and save. THis last step will refresh the fields available on the translation editor.

If the issue persist, could you send us the shortcode of this video element?

All the best,
Diego

October 1, 2019 at 8:07 pm #4675217

sergioV-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!