This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3442263

Daniel Romangoli

I have a page with multiple image modules. I am trying to translate the media files. What I have done was select "Duplicate Media to Translation", then I publish the page, go into Media Translation, find the images, translate and save. Then I hit the "search and replace URLs" in media translator. When I navigate to the page in a different language, my images continue in the default language (portuguese). I haven't found any clear tutorial or walkthrough on the process of translating these images.

The only work around is after using WPML Trnaslator, I go into divi Visual Builder in the different languages and change the image file on the front-end. This isn't a good workflow since everytime I change text and update the translation through WPML Translator, I have to go through the front-end process AGAIN just to change the Images.

In the attachments you can see that I have translated the image "Artigo 6" to english;
On the page I have set the Media Attachments to "Duplicate uploaded media to translations" and "Duplicate featured image to translations";
The final screenshot is on my staging site. As you can see, even though I have the media translated, I'm still getting the original image file (image written "Artigo 6" instead of "Article 6"...

... I have tried using the option "scan for content that has specifically this media" and I have also tried "scan for content that has any of the media files that I translated".

March 22, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3443551

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @daniel Romangoli, welcome back 🙂

Some page builder elements (such as Divi) do not work with Media Translator. In this case we must register them through wpml-config.xml (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/) to be translated through the Translation Editor.

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

All the best,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Divi with WPML, unable to translate images! (frustrating)’ is closed to new replies.