This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3785099

brianG-6

Hello,

If I use Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual and send a page to my translator for translations, do the custom fields of the page show along with the page title and body content?

May 10, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3785385

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Yes, if you have the custom fields set as "Translatable" as mentioned here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/not-sure-how-this-process-works/#post-2804475), the custom fields should show up in the translation editor as you expect.

Please let me know if that answers your question or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 14, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3808671

brianG-6

Thank you! That helps. I do have one more question on this topic. I'm using ACF frontend forms to generate a form that I'll have users fill out. Upon submitting the form, it generates a custom post type in the backend. I don't want to have to send the custom post out for editing every time a new one is generated. If I translate the field labels once, will they remain translated when reused across multiple posts that utilize the same field group?

May 15, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3817683

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

They might remain translated. However, I didn't use this exact functionality until now so I am not sure.

In case you followed certain steps (that you will be able to share with us) and it won't work, please create a new ticket with that specific case and we can debug from there.

Kind regards,
Mihai