Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
January 28, 2019 at 5:09 pm #3136858

alexanderB-64

Hi, in your documentation about translating with ACF ( https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/ ) it says:
"The same applies to repeater fields. Set the translation preference for the main repeater field then click the Apply button. This applies the translation preference to all subfields."
My problem is that I have a repeater with some subfields I want to copy and some of them I want to translate. When I set the subfields and click "apply" all the subfield settings are overwritten with the main fields settings...
How can I prevent this behavior and set subfields manually?

January 29, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3140780

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

You should be able to change the individual fields once they are set - the option that was introduced to facilitate the setting of sub fields should not prevent you from setting the individual sub-fields separately.

Are you finding that this is the case?

If so, I woudl like to confirm the behaviour on your site and then try to reproduce it on a fresh install as this may be a bug.

Thanks for advising. I am opening the private area system access to your site and instructions on which field group to look at.

The topic ‘[Closed] Do not apply translation settings to ACF subfields’ is closed to new replies.