This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
March 1, 2019 at 8:23 pm #3263167

joseP-16

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm getting problems with a plugin (Tickeria) because of the language.
I want to des-activate the translations on that plugin pages (Payment, Process Payment, Payment Confirmation, etc).
All the rest of the pages on my site are translated and working OK.

I want to know what what happen if I select the option " Do not make 'Pages' translatable".
Can I loose all the translations of all the rest of my pages?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

March 3, 2019 at 5:27 am #3265706

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I want to know what what happen if I select the option " Do not make 'Pages' translatable":

this options is used when you have content (posts, pages, custom post types, etc...) in the default language that you are not able to, or don't want to, translate into the other languages of your site. WPML will then fall back to the original language if it doesn't find any translation for it.

An example would be:

- your site is configured with English as the default language and French as an additional language
- you have a page that lists properties and all the properties that you have on your site are in English. On your admin, none of them are yet translated into French.
- you translate Property 1 and Property 2 to French but there are 10 properties so you decide that this approach is impractical.
- you turn on the "Make 'Properties' appear to be translated" just for the Properties custom post type.
- your English page now shows the 10 properties in English as usual.
- your French page shows Property 1 and Property 2 translated into French but the remaining 8 properties are shown in English.

Let me know if my explanation gave you a clearer picture of what this configuration does.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Do not make 'Pages' translatable’ is closed to new replies.