This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 11:03 am #2795708

andreaS-79

I am trying to: use the english switch button but the flag is not correct

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:staging-schrattenthal.kinsta.com

I expected to see: the english flag

Instead, I got:construction picture

October 9, 2018 at 8:11 am #2798809

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Make sure you have selected “Flag” in WPML >> Edit languages >> Menu Language Switcher. See attached screenshot.

If still issue persists, please follow below steps:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Go to the wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags folder and check if it contains the en.png file?
If not, please download WPML files from your wpml.org account and upload missing files via FTP.
If all flags are available but it's still not working, please:
1. Go to WPML->Languages->Site Languages.
2. Click the "Edit languages" link.
3. Check if in the "Flag" column you have the "Use flag from WPML" option chosen for all languages.

- We have another user who was able to solve the same issue like this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-see-language-selector-flag-image/#post-1130404

- Additionally, please check for a possible plugin or theme conflict? To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] doesn't show the flag’ is closed to new replies.