This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 11:04 pm

mohamedm

I am trying to: Translate the frontend of Dokan multivendor plugin from English to Arabic. Well... so far it is partially translated however the layout of the translated page is not the same as the original. The links are not functioning as well.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link
Please see attached image

I expected to see: hidden link

The methods I used for translation are:
* I used wpml string translation where I uploaded Dokan-ar.po and added all the translations to all strings. I checked the site and noticed no change took place.
* I installed Dokan-WPML-integration plugin and activated and did the recommended settings, with no avail.
* Then I added the translation files manually and as suggested here:
hidden link
the result is what I described above at the beginning of my post

April 26, 2019 at 10:46 am #3689903

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

This is probably an issue with the plugin or any other plugin conflicting with WPML and Dokan.

Please add the below code in your child theme functions.php file

add_filter( 'option_dokan_pages', 'wpml_dokan_pages' );
function wpml_dokan_pages( $value ) {
    foreach ( (array)$value as $key => $page_id ) {
        $value[$key] = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $page_id, 'page' );
    }
    return $value;
}

However, this is a workaround and not a solution by itself, If you wish to have a definite solution, Check whether you can reproduce the issue with default WordPress theme and with a minimal required plugin like WPML, Dokan, WooCommerce.

If the issue persists, Please notify the plugin author. Since the WPML bridge plugin is maintained by Dokan and they can give you a definite solution.

Please note the recommended way to upload .po files is from WPML > String Translation > Import section (located below the string translation table)

I hope this solves your issue.

Kind regards
Raja

April 26, 2019 at 7:22 pm #3693017

mohamedm

Way to go Mohamed and thankx for the tip

the issue is solved halfway through, as the layout is maintained after adding the above code to fucition.php of my child theme as you can see.

However, links are not working on either the English and the translation.
I also noticed some of the strings are not translated such as (products) in the menu and some elements on the graphs.
thanks again for all the help and support

April 27, 2019 at 8:36 am #3694985

mohamedm

Updates:
I managed to translate the rest of the plugin however the links on the vendor dashboard are not responding.
I also found this on one of the translated pages:

April 27, 2019 at 9:48 pm #3696371

mohamedm

Since this issue is very urgent. I may consider opening a new ticket hopefully someone is available to assist in resolving the issue.

thank you for your support

April 29, 2019 at 5:06 am #3699985

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

HI Mohammed,

I hope the issue can be continued here, the ticket you have created is not taken yet, I can take care of your issue here, I will be closing your new ticket.

Regarding the issue. This seems like a compatibility issue, Please upload Dokan and Dokan WPML bridge plugin to the sandbox site => hidden link , WPML is already installed active the plugin and configure it as same as your site. Check if you can reproduce the issue here.

Please let me know once done. I will quickly look into the details.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Dokan plugin partially translated, layout is not the same and links don't work’ is closed to new replies.