This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by greshamsmith 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3735815

greshamsmith

We have a site set up with 4 languages and we'd like to use the different URL per language option (so avanos.co.uk, avanos.fr, avanos.de, avanos.nl). We ran into a snag with liquidweb not allowing this setup, so we are probably going to move to WPEngine which sounds like they can handle this set up.

My problem though is that the domain company CSC Global has said they cannot 'park' domains. Here is what they said:

"CSC doesn’t offer parked pages. You can only add CSC forwarding IPs and it will go to a blank page."

A records can be created but apparently the pages can't be parked. Is this going to be a problem? do we need to move the domains to another provider before we attempt this?

Thanks!

May 3, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3737239

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I don't know if you have seen this documentation before but I am sharing the link here as you might be helpful:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

The "domain parking" method is not the only one you can use - you can set it up manually, too, as presented in the documentation above. It might be helpful if you would share the documentation with the domain registrar where you bought the domains from.

The other option would also work if you would use a hosting plan that has cPanel for example (like in the documentation above) and that way you could park domains, too.

I am not sure that I fully understand what you mean by this: "but apparently the pages can't be parked". Can you please let me know what do you refer to when you say "pages"?

All you would practically need to do is point each domain to the main source of the main domain used on the site.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know how it goes. I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 3, 2019 at 5:34 pm #3737281

greshamsmith

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I misread your documentation as needing both steps when it was an either/or scenario.