Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 3, 2015 at 8:42 am #651932

franckj

Hello,
I saw many topics about this problem and also this one https://wpml.org/faq/server-setting-for-languages-in-different-domains/ but I can't make it work.

Wordpress : 4.2.2
WPML : 3.2.2
Theme : X theme -> 4.0.4

I have 3 domains
1) French -> hidden link
2) English -> hidden link
3) Russian -> hidden link

I want to have for each language one domain.
My server configuration's Nginx(offloading SSL) -> Nginx Backend -> WordPress
My DNS configuration is good, each domain map to the same wordpress installation and they are hosting in the same server.
Now, when I'm going to WPML -> Languages -> URL Language Format to define my domain and check the box validate when recording I get every time this error ( Error: data not saved ), When I uncheck the box and do it again I have no error, but when I go to the English page for exemple, it's not redirecting to hidden link but it still leave me on the same page(the default hidden link).
I tried with full HTTP and without backend server and it's stil the same.
Each language per directory working fine.But I want per domains.
I have no JS errors in the debugging.
I tried with no plugin, only WPML and stil the same.
If you need more informations I stay tuned.
Thanks in advance

July 3, 2015 at 11:11 am #652103

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello Franck,

Welcome to WPML support,

1. Let me refer you to this thread where you can find some initial tips about setting Nginx server for WPML.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/want-to-make-subdomain-for-any-language-on-nginx-server/

2. When using different domains for WPML its very important that all domains point to the very same WP installation directory - and that those domains are not redirecting.

# To test this:
Go to the index.php located in the WP root folder and add at the very top:

<?php exit( $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] ); ?>

and call your different domains.
Do you see always the domain name and no redirection occurs?

# mod_rewrite
Check with your hosting service that your Nginx server ( ngix.config ) can be rewritable.

#server_name
As you are using Nginx there is server directive "server_name ":

server_name <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Please refer next link as well:
hidden link

3. Take on consideration this comment as well about resolving to no www domains:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/nginx-different-languages-in-directories-not-working/#post-372594

I hope this information point you in the right direction.
Andrés

The topic ‘[Closed] domain per language don't work nginx’ is closed to new replies.