This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 7:51 am #4312497

vorakarnw

I thing string translation translated all my administration menu can I make it back to english

July 31, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4314283

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

You can define the administration language per user, go to your profile and choose the preferred language as shown in the attached image.

Let me know if this is not enough to get what you want.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

August 1, 2019 at 3:49 am #4318557

vorakarnw

Hi Jamal,

Thank you for your answer. I try change admin language following your instruction but after update profile then the page turn to English page but nothing happen to other language admin language

August 1, 2019 at 8:54 am #4319991

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Would you take a screenshot to explain what did not turn into English in admin pages?

Can you also provide a URL where I can see the issue and login/password to log in and check it?

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 11:07 am #4320905

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access information. I confirm there is an issue there. See the attached image, even If I choose English, and disable the setting "Set admin language as editing language." Several parts of the Dashboard became in Arabic when I switched to Arabic.

This can be either a bug or a compatibility issue.
To check for a compatibility issue. Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugins.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

To check if it is a bug, I have created a new server that you can access with the following link hidden link

Please configure WPML similarly to your website, (default language and the other languages).
Then choose English for your profile and switch from the topbar admin to Arabic. If the issue is reproduced, this means it is a bug.
Please note, that our server does not support email, which you may need to save the user language. I already installed WP Mail Logging, so you can catch the email and click on the validation link.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Don t want editing Menu translated’ is closed to new replies.