Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 4, 2021 at 10:56 am #9523715

florianB-9

Hello,
I would like to use exactely the same image ID for all languages. However, if I turn all the options for translating/duplicating media off and add product images in the default language, the translated product shows no images.
If I duplicate the images, WPML uses the same image, but creates a new database entry and a seperate image ID.
Isn't it possible to use the images uploaded for the default language for all translations without creating new database entries and new IDs?

September 4, 2021 at 12:18 pm #9523851

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

You are correct - WPML needs to somehow help WordPress understand that a specific media is available for a specific language, so that is why this duplication is needed.

There are only 2 options: duplicate the media (just the record itself, in the database, not the image, too), or use different media per language where you disable the automatic duplication of the media.

However, I think that would be a great feature so if you have a couple of free minutes, you can recommend this to our developers (I don't know if it is possible to accomplish but I think it is worth a try):
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Mihai Apetrei