This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by felixA-6 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 12:11 am #4703585

felixA-6

To list product i use previous product and click in duplicate, then list product and publish, after that translate with WPML, images copied ok, but BIG problem, product price don´t show ok in translation, appear precious product price in englis (second language), which means:

If i fix a product price to 287 Euros, if go to english size appear other price!! This is unadmisible, (note: this happen since i opened a ticket for problems with string translations, which is far to be solved for the bad agent work i must to say.

hidden link

Check link, click in english and you will see. (If you see ok is because while you answer i figure out how change price in english side as i cannot lost money but doesn´t means is solved at all!)

Note: PLease do not go around and solve, strat to have bad bad experience with WPML support.

October 7, 2019 at 3:07 am #4704033

felixA-6

I turn off "Use WPML Editor for Translations" in products, if not is impossible. And even like this i need to overwrite with spanidh content to make appear same price in both languages. Is not a problem of customs fields as is selected "Copy" in _price, _regular price....

In other tickets you have access to stagging place.

October 8, 2019 at 11:17 am #4714615

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
The thing that you ask for here, is more of a custom coding request and should go to our certified contractors.

The first thing is that you might want not to copy these prices, but that is for your case only - other people might want to have them copied.

The second thing here is that we actually use WooComerce's functions to Duplicate the product.
The functions in WooCommerce actually copies most metadata (including prices). We just pass Ids and link original with translations.
You can see the logic in \woocommerce\includes\admin\class-wc-admin-duplicate-product.php in the function: product_duplicate()

So now for my suggestion - you can use WooCommerce hook to not copy a certain field:

woocommerce_duplicate_product_exclude_meta

So you can try probably a code like this:

$my_current_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );
if ($my_current_lang == "en") {
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_duplicate_product_exclude_meta','filter_price');
    function filter_price ($remove){
	    array_push( $remove , '_regular_price', '_price' );
	    return $remove;
    }
}

Please DO NOTE that I have not tested that code and I cannot provide support for it
If you need further assistance with that code, you should probably contact one of our certified contractors from https://wpml.org/contractors/

October 8, 2019 at 10:57 pm #4718313

felixA-6

Hello,

No, is not any custom code request. The problem is WPML DON´T copy price in second language when is selected to copy it. So "The functions in WooCommerce actually copies most metadata (including prices)" is not working.

There no custom code thing here, this is a malfunction didn´t happen before.

I am not asking to WPML support here?

October 8, 2019 at 11:06 pm #4718343

felixA-6

See attachments please

October 9, 2019 at 6:52 am #4719927

George Botsev
Supporter

Please excuse me, I did not understand you from the initial ticket description.

Now I think that I understand what do you mean.

I tested what you say on a clean install, but I was unable to reproduce the problem there.

The field _regular_price is also set by default by WooCommerce Multilingual to copy and that field is locked in that state.

So in order to be of a better help to you, I need to check your setup in order to determine why the field is not being copied.

You can either provide me with a clone of a site (by Duplicator plugin or some else plugin) where you have reproduced the problem or share access to a staging site.

October 10, 2019 at 6:53 am #4727731

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello!
Thank you for the credentials.
I was able to pass the first authentication.
However, the WordPress login is not working, resulting in error:

ERROR: La contraseña que has introducido para el usuario <REDACTED> es incorrecta.

Please check the password that you provided for me if it works or if there is something else that prevents me from logging-in (security plugin?)

October 10, 2019 at 8:07 pm #4733903

felixA-6

update

October 11, 2019 at 8:32 am #4736429

George Botsev
Supporter

Thank you for the updated credentials, now I can login with no problem

I tried to reproduce what you said, but I was unable to do it.
Here are my steps:
- Went to Products
- Clicked Duplicate on one of the product
- The product edit screen opened
- Replaced the price to 400
- Published said product
- Visited the product and noted that the price is 400
- Visited the translation (using the language switcher)
- noted that the translation price is also 400

Maybe I am missing a step in your work process. Can you please elaborate more on your steps?
You can also try and record a screencast for better clarity using hidden link free tool

October 11, 2019 at 8:13 pm #4741111

felixA-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!