This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 11:42 am #3846417

alinam-2

I am trying to: get the checkout page in translated language (EN)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: text in EN

Instead, I got: text in French. Further, the string is said to be English, but it's actually French. Apparentlty, WPML considers Woocommerce as English, whereas it should consider it as French. I don't find how to switch the languages.

May 20, 2019 at 12:01 pm #3846595

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

It's because you are not using the default WooCommerce checkout pages.
You are using "Woocommerce myPOS Checkout" for this, right?

please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization".
- Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active.
- Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings".
- Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan (Woocommerce myPOS Checkout) and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings".
- Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 20, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3847025

alinam-2

Hi Riffaz,
Thank you for your prompt answer.
Though, the issue is not there. Mypost plugin is OK (French when French, and English when English). The issue I sent is about native Woocommerce, relative to payment by check and bank transfer (available without any plugin). As you can see on attached image, on the English checkout page, those items are in French, and when I go to WPML strings, though the words are French, they are considered as English, and it seems like I can only translate those French words in French. At least, I don't find how to do so that they are considered as English
String translation is enabled, of course
Kind regards

May 21, 2019 at 6:11 am #3852069

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

The same issue resolved for another user.
Please follow the steps: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-cannot-translate-payment-method/#post-2781794

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

May 21, 2019 at 7:48 am #3852801

alinam-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!