This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 10:01 am #4486177

magnusM-4

I am trying to:I'm using one press fame themes. In this theme on the front page we have dots navigation ont he right side. This is different in two different languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link and hidden link

I expected to see: Same number of dots navigation in both languages

Instead, I got: In english I see 9 dots navigation but When switch to swedidh I see only 4 dots navigation. But non of the section were missing.

One of you support team Bruno Kos suggested this as a compatability issue.maybe there is a custom field which controls this and also there are quite a lot of numeric fields inside.
Could you please check this

August 30, 2019 at 10:45 am #4486687

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

hidden link
demo
7hfuM2D3TYx7

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install.

Please upload the theme to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options). Please note that we only need the theme and the related functionality, you don't need to setup an entire website or clone your existing site.

So do only minimal setup and spend as little time as possible on this, but just enough to get us working setup. 🙂

Also find WP Sandbox menu item within the sandbox, you'll find SSH and SFTP credentials in case you'll need these. Also, WPML all the other plugins are already there.

The way I see it, we only need to set up the homepage through customizer (any demo content should do, something simple such as on the one button or something), so that one language has about 6-7 sections, and the translation should show 4 if I'm not mistaken, thereby indicating compatibility issue.

Let me know if you have any questions related to this!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 30, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4487303

magnusM-4

Yes, I have added my theme in your test site. COuld you please check and let me know if you need more information

August 30, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4487399

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

See this:
hidden link
hidden link

It seems to be working, even when I start translating sections, so not sure what went wrong in your specific case. Perhaps because the page was created in Swedish first, even though default language is English, but I cannot tell at this moment.

In order to debug this issue , can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to compatibility team?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could download those packages. I marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Dots navigation is different in two different languagues’ is closed to new replies.