This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 17, 2020 at 5:32 pm #5704107

jillT

Also not sure if it's helpful, but if you mark my next reply as private I can share the XLIFF I have from the TS for the post I mentioned as a test case.

If that's of no use no worries though.

March 18, 2020 at 8:42 am #5708343

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

please share, it might be helpful.

Is there any difference in this test post from other pages with same issue (how it was made, sent to translations, content, etc..)?

I have marked you reply as private.

Thanks.
Drazen

March 18, 2020 at 3:39 pm #5712487

jillT

Thanks Drazen, the XLIFF is here hidden link

This CPT is pretty much the same as other CPTs that have the same issue.

March 19, 2020 at 8:02 am #5717067

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Thanks, I have added it to the files to be checked.

I will update you as soon as I have some news.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,
Drazen

March 23, 2020 at 2:13 pm #5742305

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I've escalated this ticket to our developers team.

It seems the difference occurs when LI receives the XLIFF file from WPML, since there is segmentation enabled for this service on our side. Our developers will investigate if there is a quick workaround or segmentation needs to be disabled completely.

I will update you as soon as I have new information. Please note that this process may take a while.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Drazen

March 25, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5761479

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm Ahmed Ibrahim from the TP integration team and I will help you with this issue.

You see a different file in the hub than the exported from WPML directly because we have enabled the segmentation for your service in the hub site, but as we can see that your service is adding some extra data to the translation using, for example, check this:

<trans-unit id="wpml_trans_unit_1_25">
        <source><g ctype="x-html-em" id="gid_0">From 'Arghh!' to 'Ahh!' – Dealing With Uncertainty:</g> <g ctype="x-html-a" id="gid_1" xhtml:href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Part One</g> and <g ctype="x-html-a" id="gid_2" xhtml:href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Part Two</g></source>
</trans-unit>

This is the translation

<target>
          <mrk mid="0" mtype="seg"><g ctype="x-html-em" id="gid_0">「もーう!」ではなく「ああ!」へ(不確実なものへの対処):</g> <g xmlns:xhtml="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" ctype="x-html-a" id="gid_1" xhtml:href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Part 1</g>と<g xmlns:xhtml="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" ctype="x-html-a" id="gid_2" xhtml:href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">Part 2</g></mrk>
</target>

is you check the translation you will see this has been added:

xmlns:xhtml="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"

So for now as you are more comfortable with using the un-segmented XLIFF files, we have disabled the segmentation for you, so please try again to send the same file to the service and check if you got the XLIFF file similar to the one that you get from WPML directly and let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

March 26, 2020 at 1:14 pm #5769431

jillT

Hi Ahmed

Thank you very much for looking into it and taking the time to get back to me.

What you have described sounds like it may give an easier flow between us and the TS, I will send them a test export and see how it goes.

Can I just double check please that I have understood correctly, it is a change you have made on the TS end not within the WP WPML install the website uses?

March 26, 2020 at 2:50 pm #5770753

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Jil,

We have an intermediate layer between WPML and the translation service called Translation Proxy which takes the file from WPML and segments it then sends it to the service, so I have disabled the segmentation on the TP server for the service and now when you send the file to the service it will arrive without segmentation.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

April 2, 2020 at 12:19 pm #5822275

jillT

Can this be kept open a little longer please.. we are expecting translations back from the TS service today.

April 2, 2020 at 12:34 pm #5822681

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Sure it is open for you.

Best regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Downloaded XLIFF is different than what Translation Service sees’ is closed to new replies.