Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.36 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tushar 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
March 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm #109658

Tushar

Hi, we are using the same slug for our native Spanish blog (/blog/) and English blog (/en/blog/). Suddenly, draft posts are showing up in the English blog, along with an empty 'Auto-Draft' blog for each draft post.

If we change the English blog slug to something different (ex. /en/english-blog/) this issue is resolved. This is confusing because I read that duplicate slugs are possible with WPML - http://wpml.org/2011/11/wpml-2-4-1-finally-duplicate-slugs-for-different-languages/ .

Can you think of any reason this would be happening? We'd prefer not to change the URL of our English blog (if possible).

March 7, 2013 at 6:33 am #109671

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Tushar,

Is your "blog" a page or a category? Do you have a link to your site which you could provide with your next reply?

March 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm #109830

Tushar

Blog is a page, here is a link -
hidden link (spanish) and hidden link (english - one w/ the problem)

We are on WPML 2.6

March 8, 2013 at 6:17 am #109991

sarah.n
Supporter
This answer solved user's issue.

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Tushar,

Thank you for getting back to me. Thank you also for providing the two links.

You wrote:

Suddenly, draft posts are showing up in the English blog, along with an empty 'Auto-Draft' blog for each draft post.

The only blog post I see in the English version that is not there in the Spanish is this one "How Kind Is Your Beauty Routine?" second to last on the Blog page. Is that the draft post?

In any case, it would be good that you first update your WPML and WPML add-ons to their latest versions. Can you do this please?

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2

Let me know if the problem persists after the update.

March 8, 2013 at 5:50 pm #110204

Tushar

Updating fixed it - thank you!