This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 9 years, 10 months ago.

Author Posts
June 26, 2009 at 12:03 am #10848

Pieter

<a href="hidden link">Dreamy Tales</a> is a website I am developing for a client that wants to start distributing personalised books for children. The languages that have to be available for now are English, Spanish and Dutch and later we might add German and Mandarin Chinese.
The site is still under development, client is ready to go fully online in September 2009, so please bear with me during the time of development, some things might not look the way they should...
In the beginning it took me quite a while to get WPML fully functional running, but thanks to the regular updates and tips and patience of Amir, I finally did it 😀
Thanks so much for your brilliant plugin, this makes WordPress truly multi-lingual!
Piet

July 7, 2009 at 1:04 pm #10850

pmeissner

How did you translate the <?php bloginfo('description'); ?> . Did you hard code that into the template?

July 7, 2009 at 1:29 pm #10851

Pieter

Yes, I indeed hardcoded it into the theme, so I could add it to the PO file:

if(is_home()) echo (__('Personalised books for Children', 'blue-sky'));
July 18, 2009 at 9:30 am #10852

Pieter

Just downloaded the development version and now hardcoding of the description is not necessary anymore. Works fantastic!

July 27, 2009 at 5:30 pm #10853

paul

Hi, Piet,
Nice site design at hidden link
In your sidebar, how did you do to get Language Selection lay out all the available languages. I prefer flat layout to drop-down language selection.
Thank you.
Paul
P.S. Are you using the development version?

July 27, 2009 at 6:02 pm #10854

Pieter

Hi Paul,
I accomplished that using

<?php languages_list_sidebar(); ?>

, can't find right now where I saw that, but it is there somewhere in the tutorials...
PS indeed using the dev version...

July 27, 2009 at 6:47 pm #10855

paul

Thanks for your quick reply.
Where do you put php languages_list_sidebar() ?
Are you using the Widget to display the following in the sidebar?:
Languages
English
Nederlands (Dutch)
Español (Spanish)
Thank you very much.
I'm interested your book for children too. Maybe I can deliver Children books in Chinese to your buyers (dropship).
I found many talented developers from the Netherlands (my cousin-in-law is one of them).
Paul
founder of hidden link

July 27, 2009 at 7:45 pm #10856

Pieter

Paul, you can drop it anywhere you want. I made a "header" for it like:

<li>
					<h3><?php _e('Languages','blue-sky'); ?></h3>
					<?php languages_list_sidebar(); ?>
			    </li>

The children books are not mine as I am developing the site for a client. I will inform my client though so she can get in touch with you if needed, 好吗?

December 10, 2009 at 5:42 pm #10857

Pieter

well after a few more delays the site is finally finished 🙂
I am developing quite a few sites with WPML now, but I think this is the first one that is 100% multilingual.
Well ok, 99%, because Amir promised that with the next update it will be possible to get plugins such as Lester Chan's WP-Email translated too. Since only a few pages have that code, I think I can say 99% multilingual!
Without WPML it would not have been possible to come to such a result so easily! Thanks to Amir and the rest of the WPML team for all their support!

December 11, 2009 at 4:13 pm #10858

night2008

awesome flipping book ^^ i already like the Buddy Fish book 😀

December 11, 2009 at 5:22 pm #10859

Pieter

Cool, Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] dreamytales.com’ is closed to new replies.