Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
November 16, 2019 at 8:53 am

leaS-6

There is only the active language shown but not a drop down to choose the other language
in the backend settings I defined two langues which can be chosen by drop down.

You have to log in tho the page do can see the problem because the maintenance mode is active and so you can´t see hidden link whithout loggin in

November 17, 2019 at 6:08 am #4959727

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

It both languages :
1. If I use horizontal style
2. If I add the language switcher to the footer
3. If I add to any menu except "Sprache"

So this is an issue with "Sprache" menu was how created in your theme.
If you do not want to use any of the menu positions I mentioned above we need to check this in a fresh installation of your theme.

Let us know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

November 17, 2019 at 8:00 am #4959805

leaS-6

That means in my theme I only have the possibility to use the horizontal switcher in the header?
Another question: Is there a possivility to change the active Language in format formatting. Is there a css id or class for the active Language?

November 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4960155

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

That means in my theme I only have the possibility to use the horizontal switcher in the header?
- yes, for the menu: Sprache - as per your theme.

Is there a possivility to change the active Language in format formatting. Is there a css id or class for the active Language?
- yes: hidden link
-

.wpml-ls-current-language

Regards,