This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author Posts
May 21, 2013 at 1:00 pm #129014

OlivierL

Hi, there

I just discovered that one of my websites lost its drop down language menu and was back to some default color settings. When I tried to look back to find the place where to insert the "
<?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?>" function the way Sarah explained me here : http://wpml.org/forums/topic/integrating-language-switcher-in-alterna-template/ I couldn't find the code.

Can you help me please? I'm a newbbie in coding - could you remind where to find the header.php just to be sure I'm looking at the right file - I attach it here for you.
Hoops can't - do you have a drop box or email to send it to?

Thanks

May 21, 2013 at 4:23 pm #129105

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

You can find the header.php file in "wp-content/themes/alterna/header.php". Please let me see its content, so I will help you to use the language switcher. Please use the http://www.pastebin.com/ to provide the header content.

May 22, 2013 at 6:52 am #129293

OlivierL

Hi, Adriano

I found back the header.php file and restored it into my website. what's strange is that it now shows in Chrome but not in IE9 or Firefox 21.0???

My other question is do you guys had more people using Alterna reporting that issue (language selector disappearing all of sudden). It's really important to me because I'm negotiating a global deal with this client for the whole group but they want a stable multi-language template.

Thanks for your assistance, Adriano

Olivier

May 22, 2013 at 12:20 pm #129430

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

Is the site online? We haven't more peoples reporting this one.

May 22, 2013 at 12:52 pm #129448

OlivierL

Yes Adriano the site is online : hidden link
You see the languages switcher in Chrome but not in IE or Firefox - weird !

May 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm #129469

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

I can not see the language switcher in both browsers, is it disabled now?

May 23, 2013 at 5:37 am #129641

OlivierL

Well that's exactly what I'm saying and what the issue is, the language switcher is visible in Google Chrome browser as shown in this picture : hidden link but not in IE or Firefox. I need this fixed quickly, my client is not happy.

Thanks,
Olivier

May 23, 2013 at 5:39 am #129642

OlivierL

To answer your question No it's not disabled. so what's the issue?
I bought Alterna because it was 100% compatible with WPML and rebuilt 160 pages in it.

Regards,
Olivier

May 23, 2013 at 12:03 pm #129806

OlivierL

Now it works in Firefox but still not in IE, looks like an old version of my website gets displayed on IE - the tech support of Alterna says that it comes from the plug-in and to refer to you.

Do I have to wait 24 hours every time to get a reply,Adriano ?? sorry but I'm used to much faster support from WPML. Just understand me, I'm about to close a big deal with that client so I need to show them that we can handle issues swiftly.

Thanks,
Olivier

May 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm #129820

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.
Thanks.

May 24, 2013 at 1:55 pm #130216

OlivierL

Hi, Adriano

Any progress on finding the issue on IE and Firefox - the languages selector still not displaying. I've quickly run compatibility tests with all my other plug-ins and they show all being 100% compatible to WPML.

Let me know if you made any progress, I need to manage my client feeding him updates.

Thanks by advance,
Olivier

May 24, 2013 at 4:57 pm #130256

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

It is so strange, I'm testing it using the browsers below and the language switcher is displaying in both of them:

Chrome: 26.0.14
IE: 10

May 30, 2013 at 10:04 am #131534

OlivierL

Hey Adriano

The switcher was back online friday afternoon until this morning when I checked but now it disappeared again. I need to get to the bottom of this. I deactivated the 2 latest plug-ins I installed that should be 100% compatible.

The only thing I notice yesterday was that weird error message : Warning: file_get_contents(hidden link) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream:
Connection timed out in /home/eliplay/public_html/wp-content/plugins/installer/classes/wprc-installer.php on line 1006

then it disappeared as well - please check the website once again in Firefox, IE and Google.
For me,the switcher disappeared in all 🙁
Please help me solve this !!

Olivier

May 31, 2013 at 6:02 am #131699

OlivierL

Hey, Adriano

Did you see my message of Yesterday? I had no reaction on your side.
Please keep me posted as I need to update my client.

Thanks,
Olivier

May 31, 2013 at 11:59 am #131829

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Eric,

My apologies for the delay, checking it again.