This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 7:38 pm #4317383

jasonT-14

I am trying to: show a custom language switcher on mobile. i used the php code to insert the language switcher into the header of my theme (underscores). On my desktop the language switcher shows correctly in both desktop version and mobile testing version (using inspector). however on an actual mobile device (iPhone X) it shows like my screenshot. I cannot debug this as I don't have an app on my mobile device to actually show why it is different on my mobile device as opposed to my mobile inspector in Firefox on my desktop.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: local site

I expected to see: a correct drop down with respective language flags

Instead, I got: an expanded drop down with no drop down capability (both flags showing) only on an actual mobile device.

August 1, 2019 at 3:23 am #4318457

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML. While not related to the issue, it will make sure you won't have any problem in future due to some incompatibility.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Unfortunately, I won't be able to debug the issue without looking at your site link. Please provide me a link to your site after uploading to it a web host. I would be more than happy to look into it.

Best,