This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4381311

hotelivateP

I am trying to: Hide the dropdown where we don't want

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: There should not be an option of the dropdown for those pages where we don't want

Instead, I got: on every page

August 12, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4383813

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. In these cases if the page where you need to hide the language switcher doesn't have a translation you can use the WPML features itself to achieve it, here is how:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Language Switcher Options you can set it as 'skip language' for those pages without a translation. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-switcher

2 - Another option is to completely hide the language switcher using a custom css code you can paste in your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS something like:

.page-id-{the id of your desired page here} .main-header .top-menu .wpml-ls-item {
display: none!important;
}

Hope it helps, have a nice day.