This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 1:12 am #3955955

chrisP-18

Dropdown language selector not working on home page, but working on other pages.

June 5, 2019 at 2:23 am #3956189

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

I see a couple of JavaScript errors on console for your site. Homepage has one more error which could be affecting the WPML Language Switcher as well.

I suggest you to disable "Siteground Optimizer" and "WooCommerce" plugin and see if that fixes your issue.

If the link you provided is your live site, please create a staging site and do your testing there. You can find instructions on this page on how to create a staging site:

hidden link

Let me know if that resolves the issue. Then, we can proceed from there!

June 5, 2019 at 6:25 am #3957369

chrisP-18

Thanks for your email. I can do this, but if you look at the code, the server is only showing one language on the home page which would indicate it’s not a JavaScript issue. What do you think? It would be helpful to know your view on this before I set up a staging site, which I assume might take a while

June 5, 2019 at 8:59 pm #3964115

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I was able to access the other languages versions from the language switcher at the footer. When you click on any of those links, the switcher on top shows the correct language. This is why I think it is a JavaScript issue. Morever, the switcher on top lists all the languages in the source code.

Please let me know the findings in your staging site so that we can isolate the issue!

The topic ‘[Closed] Dropdown language selector not working on home page, but working on other pages’ is closed to new replies.